Your New Touring Model

2 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Obviously I read your initial post wrong. Please accept my apology.

I misread too.... on topic good news is seeing rocketman back... bad news is not a clue as don’t think we’ll go back to days of lot local corps members. Even DCA have lot of long distance folks.

• Like 1

Without school districts, universities and colleges approval there will be few if any available rehearsal facilities, housing facilities and venues to perform in 2021. So don’t look for WGI, DCI or marching bands circuits to restart if at all before the fall of 2021. 

I'm personally supportive of regional circuits because I think the national tour model is unrealistic in the new normal. Drum corps doesn’t need DCI, DCI needs drum corps. 

Edited by Poppycock
  • Like 2

On 7/17/2020 at 6:59 PM, Jurassic Lancer said:

Yes, I disagree.

Could it be that other countries are opening up because they have responded much better to COVID than we have? IMO, as a nation, our response has been nothing short of inept. 

As a humble Canadian, I cannot (will not) comment on this!😷

• Haha 1

On 7/17/2020 at 6:22 PM, JimF-LowBari said:

I misread too.... on topic good news is seeing rocketman back... bad news is not a clue as don’t think we’ll go back to days of lot local corps members. Even DCA have lot of long distance folks.

I've been around. Just waiting for the right topic. Apparently, this WASN'T it! 

• Haha 2

On 7/17/2020 at 8:22 PM, JimF-LowBari said:

Is that "Rocketman" as in Kim Jong-Un?  I saw in the news that he's had some health issues.  :wink:  

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

Is that "Rocketman" as in Kim Jong-Un?  I saw in the news that he's had some health issues.  :wink:  

Think this rocketman is taller. Also think I was in the same dorm as his cousin but that might have been another dcp’er... small world...

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

I acknowledge that the likelihood of corps being allowed to spend the night at a facility is remote. This is a factor that will need to be considered. This will cause corps to look for rehearsal facilities that may be out of the ordinary, (parks, parking lots, etc). The fact that many corps members are from out of state presents a problem of another sort, how do we house them before tour and in between shows? As I continue to look at the issues corps will face, the more I believe that, without a cure, the activity may cease to exist all together. So, what's the point of this exercise? The activity needs  to come up with a sustainable, workable plan that will allow the activity to continue. 

Another thing to consider is, will there be any stadiums permitting competitions? If social distancing will still be enforce, how will this work?

Was planning on attending an NFL game this year but was advised 'off the record' that only season ticket holders will be permitted in the stadium.

Edited by Rocketman
  • Like 2