The 2000 Thread

21 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Don’t get me wrong, I liked Niagara Falls.  Frameworks 2002 is still my favorite Cavaliers show.  And their best brassline until last year. 

Cavies 2019 brass was unreal. They stole the show in San Bernardino. Us West Coast fans showed them lots of love. It's very hard to steal the spotlight from BD/SCV in their own backyard. Cavies managed to do so. Only corps to get multiple standing ovations that night. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Don’t get me wrong, I liked Niagara Falls.  Frameworks 2002 is still my favorite Cavaliers show.  And their best brassline until last year. 

I also loved Frameworks.  

That was a really different season.  The Cavaliers were pulling off some very impressive scores before the end of June.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, East9900 said:

No. We had won Semi-Finals. We didn't lose a show the entire season. Had we lost Semis I don't think any of us would have felt as good about Finals day.

Here were the Semi-Final scores for top 12

97.40 The Cadets
96.70 The Cavaliers (0.2 pen)
95.80 Blue Devils (0.1 pen)
94.45 Santa Clara Vanguard
92.05 Boston Crusaders
91.20 Blue Knights
90.85 Phantom Regiment
90.70 Glassmen
88.70 Crossmen
86.05 Madison Scouts
86.00 Carolina Crown
85.15 Bluecoats (0.1 pen)

That's cool that the Cadets went undefeated. Was that the only time they did? Obviously the 3 peats in the early 80's but I don't know if any of those seasons was undefeated.

Edited by DFA1970

50 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Cavies 2019 brass was unreal. They stole the show in San Bernardino. Us West Coast fans showed them lots of love. It's very hard to steal the spotlight from BD/SCV in their own backyard. Cavies managed to do so. Only corps to get multiple standing ovations that night. 

I think they had the most powerful, emotional brass moment at the end of the ballad.  It was as spine tingly as the end of Crown’s ballad in 2012, and I do NOT offer that compliment lightly. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I think they had the most powerful, emotional brass moment at the end of the ballad.  It was as spine tingly as the end of Crown’s ballad in 2012, and I do NOT offer that compliment lightly. 

I thought this was a 2000 year thread.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

I have no idea but did the Cavies beat the Cadets before finals night? I don't think BD topped the Cadets that year but I could be wrong. I know they did beat the Cavies a couple of times. I was too surprised of a tie. I thought the Cadets had it in the bag.

way back in June at Normal. 

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

i'm the other way. I'll take Niagra falls over Frameworks every day of the week