WGI season?

46 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Does that include the daily number of deaths and new cases? That’s the only thing I follow. Bag politics, I’m only concerned with the human toll.

And hitting 1000 deaths each of the last two days is going to be another reason that extracurriculars like guard and drum corps are not coming back for a long while.

Sorry Jim. Since this has been politicized, I don't trust the numbers. There is a lot of misinformation out there intended to give advantage to a certain political movement.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

From what I understand aren’t most corps keeping the members that made it for the 2020 season? Of course, they’ll lose some from attrition. But video auditions could work for those spots. The current members have had the show material for quite some time (as most, if not all corps are keeping their shows), and some camps/meetings/rehearsals can be done virtually. Realistically DCI could have till next Spring to make any decisions regarding 2021. A lot can happen in eight/nine months, we’ve only been going through our current hell for five. Just trying to stay positive. A vaccine or medicine could change the community outlook in a very short period of time.

Sorry but show sponsors need to lock in dates and sites long before the spring of 2021. DCI or WGI may have multi year contracts for some featured shows. It is all the smaller regionals and weekday show host who will be impacted. It just is not a realistic time period. DCI may be able to wait until Jan. 21. I have to honestly feel WGI needs to have a decision on the 21 season by no later than Sept. or Oct.

4 hours ago, dans said:

We all have stories regarding the virus and testing...and they are not all consistent. As soon as the virus became politicized, it turned into a circus. It became one side against the other and another perceived opportunity to impeach the president of the United States.

it;'s been an epic bipartisan failure of government at the federal, state and local levels.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, fsthnds said:

Sorry but show sponsors need to lock in dates and sites long before the spring of 2021. DCI or WGI may have multi year contracts for some featured shows. It is all the smaller regionals and weekday show host who will be impacted. It just is not a realistic time period. DCI may be able to wait until Jan. 21. I have to honestly feel WGI needs to have a decision on the 21 season by no later than Sept. or Oct.

a we have done with my local band circuit...we get contracts out. if it looks like things won't happen....we agree to null the contract and refund anything paid

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

It won’t.  Like Dr.Osterholm said, it’s not a coronavirus blizzard.  It’s a coronavirus winter.  

and spring

• Like 1