WGI season?

7 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Here’s my way I’ve dealt with this pandemic:  

• denial.
  • anger.
  • bargaining.
  • depression.
  • acceptance

I missed denial but cynical/fatalistic enough to think crap will hit fan big time every now and then. (My 9/11 thought was “surprised it didn’t happen before” which lost a few friends *shrug*).

I hit boredom big time which is no surprise as retired just as it exploded. Still figuring out it that was good timing or not.... 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I missed denial but cynical/fatalistic enough to think crap will hit fan big time every now and then. (My 9/11 thought was “surprised it didn’t happen before” which lost a few friends *shrug*).

I hit boredom big time which is no surprise as retired just as it exploded. Still figuring out it that was good timing or not.... 

I’m going for my six month dental checkup today. Which actually morphed into a ten month checkup.   

17 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m going for my six month dental checkup today. Which actually morphed into a ten month checkup.   

Still holding out on that and my hearing aid. Waited so long on the HA that I have to start from scratch with hearing test etc. My worry is all the appointments are in a teaching hospital and you are around a lot of people. So I’ll be a wuss 😜 and wait a while.

I’ll just enjoy the larger tv I bought and closed captioning until then... 😛

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, dans said:

Sorry Jim. Since this has been politicized, I don't trust the numbers. There is a lot of misinformation out there intended to give advantage to a certain political movement.

I was told a month 1/2 before the Florida surge NOT to listen to what I heard on TV.and the politicians This is by a friend who is the leading ID doctors in Florida. A month 1/2 later and unfortunately having to sit outside a covid unit for 24 hours( twice) with a loved one waiting on results I personally saw what I was told a month and 1/2 earlier ( by the ID doctor) was true.

I have homes in FL. and the North east, thought I was safer here...Oh well

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Still holding out on that and my hearing aid. Waited so long on the HA that I have to start from scratch with hearing test etc. My worry is all the appointments are in a teaching hospital and you are around a lot of people. So I’ll be a wuss 😜 and wait a while.

I’ll just enjoy the larger tv I bought and closed captioning until then... 😛

I can’t stand it anymore. My teeth feel like there’s a layer of plaque on them.  Plus, I need a new dental appliance for my teeth grinding.   I’m sure I’ve been grinding them more than ever the last few months. 

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

I was told a month 1/2 before the Florida surge NOT to listen to what I heard on TV.and the politicians This is by a friend who is the leading ID doctors in Florida. A month 1/2 later and unfortunately having to sit outside a covid unit for 24 hours( twice) with a loved one waiting on results I personally saw what I was told a month and 1/2 earlier ( by the ID doctor) was true.

I have homes in FL. and the North east, thought I was safer here...Oh well

Understood, I go by Johns Hopkins numbers as they are not part of the guv’mint and trust them for other reasons. Figure nothing is perfect especially with questions on how reliable the tests are. But have to use something to judge which direction this is going.

On topic: yeah how can WGI/DCI get back if too many questions.....

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Understood, I go by Johns Hopkins numbers as they are not part of the guv’mint and trust them for other reasons. Figure nothing is perfect especially with questions on how reliable the tests are. But have to use something to judge which direction this is going.

On topic: yeah how can WGI/DCI get back if too many questions.....

That's the biggest question

• Like 1