WGI season?

45 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

This is going to be around for a long time.  I’m resigned to it.  No theater, no concerts, no nothing for awhile.  May as well get used to it or bang your head against the wall. 

Yep, I’m resigned to evening activities of dvds I have bought cheap but never watched and beating crap out of old movies and historical vids on YT. (Yeah again for bigger tv with web access.)

And once every few weeks social distancing visit from friend who needs support also due to issues in her family. Pick up dinner and Visit from opposite ends from the car port or living room depending on weather. Hell when your “comfort hug” is pantomimed.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

This is going to be around for a long time.  I’m resigned to it.  No theater, no concerts, no nothing for awhile.  May as well get used to it or bang your head against the wall. 

I think the facilities thing will cancel most WGI . I am heavily involved with one of my local theater groups cfrt.org . I had a long talk with the artistic director a few days ago and we plan on having theater in Sept and Oct. While we own 300 seat theater,   the first show of next season will be presented outdoors and with spacing for social distance.  there will be a super sound system and we can only have 130 people in attendance in clusters of no more than 4.   It will be different but at least the actors will act and loyal patrons will get to see theater provided it doesn't rain.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Which is why Hope and I have invested in landscaping our backyard. If we are going to be stuck here, might as well have beautiful surroundings. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Here’s my way I’ve dealt with this pandemic:  

• denial....before i log in
  • anger.....pretty much all day
  • bargaining....i'm in sales
  • depression.......anytime management makes the latest announcement
  • acceptance...when i finally get to Jack Daniels

updated to reflect the work day

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

updated to reflect the work day

After Jack it’s either acceptance or just don’t give a ...... 😈

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Yep, I’m resigned to evening activities of dvds I have bought cheap but never watched and beating crap out of old movies and historical vids on YT. (Yeah again for bigger tv with web access.)

And once every few weeks social distancing visit from friend who needs support also due to issues in her family. Pick up dinner and Visit from opposite ends from the car port or living room depending on weather. Hell when your “comfort hug” is pantomimed.

I’ve never read so many books about Vanderbilt women. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Which is why Hope and I have invested in landscaping our backyard. If we are going to be stuck here, might as well have beautiful surroundings. 

I’m getting one of those rectangular firepits when I move.  In case this happens again. 

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

I’m getting one of those rectangular firepits when I move.  In case this happens again. 

Yup. We have a propane fire table.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, totaleefree said:

I think the facilities thing will cancel most WGI . I am heavily involved with one of my local theater groups cfrt.org . I had a long talk with the artistic director a few days ago and we plan on having theater in Sept and Oct. While we own 300 seat theater,   the first show of next season will be presented outdoors and with spacing for social distance.  there will be a super sound system and we can only have 130 people in attendance in clusters of no more than 4.   It will be different but at least the actors will act and loyal patrons will get to see theater provided it doesn't rain.

I love that but my theater subscription can’t do that.  The theater is in downtown Aurora.  I’m SOL this year.  So sad but I understand.