WGI season?

14 hours ago, dans said:

That's pretty serious rhetoric Jeff. Care to provide any facts to support the rhetoric. 

sure. the hodge podge of various cans and cants and wills or wonts by "leaders" of both parties have done nothing to bring it under control at the national, state or local levels. in fact it's made it worse.

don't believe me, we keep seeing new records of the wrong kind set daily....proof right there.

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 4

Facilities are the main issue right now... especially in schools... I have been told no outside groups til Jan 2021 and indefinitely by some locations. I am not sure how indoor auditioning is gonna take place in 2-3 months unless something drastically changes. Privately owned domes are more concerned with capacity percent standard, like 25% of total capacity limit up to 50/100 people... so it's not impossible to find space but currently a challenge and more costly.

6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

sure. the hodge podge of various cans and cants and wills or wonts by "leaders" of both parties have done nothing to bring it under control at the national, state or local levels. in fat it's made it worse.

don't believe me, we keep seeing new records of the wrong kind set daily....proof right there.

More rhetoric is proof? Just go to the source of your choice and you can find all kind of "proof." Sadly, facts have become subjective in America.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dans said:

More rhetoric is proof? Just go to the source of your choice and you can find all kind of "proof." Sadly, facts have become subjective in America.

I choose not to be influenced by any numbers being tossed around. So much evidence of unreliability out there. This is about health, safety and politics. Take your pick.

I feel confident there will be DCI and WGI seasons in 2021. Downsized, of course.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I missed denial but cynical/fatalistic enough to think crap will hit fan big time every now and then. (My 9/11 thought was “surprised it didn’t happen before” which lost a few friends *shrug*).

I hit boredom big time which is no surprise as retired just as it exploded. Still figuring out it that was good timing or not.... 

Sadly I'd say some are still in denial. 

• Like 3

Numbers.... too #### many people....

could we just get back on topic instead of griping about rhetoric and numbers? Let’s face it, if numbers are ignored then all that is left is rhetoric.

And even if politics of the numbers are ignored the newness of cv and overwhelming numbers of tests and cases is fudge factoring stats. Doesn’t mean numbers should be ignored when checking if things are getting better or worse.

On topic.... who knows anymore

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Thanks 1

Two things will happen.....On November 4, 2020 Corona Virus will be eliminated OR......It will get worse and all drum corps, winter guards and marching bands will cease to exist! Schools will not allow groups to enter their property whatsoever o competitions cannot be held in gyms or stadiums (no rehearsals on any school property). Since you can't have fans at any professional sports venues...NO fans at competitions. 

3 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

I choose not to be influenced by any numbers being tossed around. So much evidence of unreliability out there. This is about health, safety and politics. Take your pick.

I feel confident there will be DCI and WGI seasons in 2021. Downsized, of course.

140,000 dead and growing is not a number to sneeze at. knowing people that have....and have not survided it.....without a vaccine, i doubt 2021 is happening. the liability fears and costs alone will be prohibitive

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, dans said:

proof is 140,000+ dead and growing.i notice i said bipartisan. why? the politicians should stay the hell out of it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1