WGI season?

1 hour ago, KeithHall said:

Two things will happen.....On November 4, 2020 Corona Virus will be eliminated OR......It will get worse and all drum corps, winter guards and marching bands will cease to exist! Schools will not allow groups to enter their property whatsoever o competitions cannot be held in gyms or stadiums (no rehearsals on any school property). Since you can't have fans at any professional sports venues...NO fans at competitions. 

exactly

• Haha 2

I’ve had months to think about this virus. 

As painfully careful as I am, I’m probably going to get Covid 19 at some point.  One-third of us probably will. Most likely, I’ll survive.  And as much as I hate the thought, I might unknowingly, give it to someone else. Like Jim, or visa versa.

Acceptance. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, dans said:

More rhetoric is proof? Just go to the source of your choice and you can find all kind of "proof." Sadly, facts have become subjective in America.

Well my money is still on the Drs, LOCAL Dr's..IMO Politicians, the latest circus show, has ZERO creditability 

• Like 3

Just read an article about the “Plan B” in case vaccine takes longer than expected or doesn’t pan out..... bottom line is there is no Plan B yet....

to quote my dad... ah #### (stronger word than crap)....

• Like 1

On 7/23/2020 at 4:11 PM, JimF-LowBari said:

Yep, I’m resigned to evening activities of dvds I have bought cheap but never watched and beating crap out of old movies and historical vids on YT. (Yeah again for bigger tv with web access.)

And once every few weeks social distancing visit from friend who needs support also due to issues in her family. Pick up dinner and Visit from opposite ends from the car port or living room depending on weather. Hell when your “comfort hug” is pantomimed.

I was out for a walk yesterday and saw a mother with two small children.   All three were wearing masks.  I've probably seen this type of scenario many times before but was so preoccupied with everything going on that it never really sank in.  

Yesterday it bothered me - a lot.  I could not stop thinking about how those kids lives are affected by this - how this experience will be carried with them for the rest of their lives.

Depending on age, many of us got to do so many things in our childhoods without ever imagining having to wear a mask just to go to a store.  It's summer, we played outside, we went camping, swimming, sleepovers, played in the park without ever having to think about a virus.   On top of how complex the world is now, the very young now have this experience which is going to be a big part of what forms them as adults. 

Yeah, this will affect us as well for the rest of our lives.  But we had our childhoods. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Continental said:

I was out for a walk yesterday and saw a mother with two small children.   All three were wearing masks.  I've probably seen this type of scenario many times before but was so preoccupied with everything going on that it never really sank in.  

Yesterday it bothered me - a lot.  I could not stop thinking about how those kids lives are affected by this - how this experience will be carried with them for the rest of their lives.

Depending on age, many of us got to do so many things in our childhoods without ever imagining having to wear a mask just to go to a store.  It's summer, we played outside, we went camping, swimming, sleepovers, played in the park without ever having to think about a virus.   On top of how complex the world is now, the very young now have this experience which is going to be a big part of what forms them as adults. 

Yeah, this will affect us as well for the rest of our lives.  But we had our childhoods. 

That’s true.  My dental hygienist has a teenager.  She was saying yesterday that he is acting out.  I’m so sad for these young ones.  I’m old.  I don’t actually mind staying home that much. But if I was 15... 

7 hours ago, Continental said:

we have gone out of our way to not let it bother our daughter. sure it's different from her previous 7 summers. But she's very aware of wanting to be a helper and cares about friends feeling well, so she's all about wearing her mask when it's called for. she has 3 of them and ties it into coordinating with her outfit like what shoes she picks. God love her, tho i don't mask shame, she does LOL

• Like 2