WGI season?

Ok for us corps only people. When is WGI season?

18 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Ok for us corps only people. When is WGI season?

late January to mid-April. A few locals go a few weeks later

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

late January to mid-April. A few locals go a few weeks later

Now that I would have time to follow DC, MB, WGI and other bucket list stuff..... 😫

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

it's ####### August. right now schools nationwide are still struggling to figure out what to do, restrictions are coming back in some places and hell some states are pushing ports and bands further back into the year. i cannot imagine at this point anything for indoor season for any circuit is going to be a focus or a PR announcement until November at best.

it ll ties back to schools. who can rehearse and where? Who can hold shows? One local school told me as of now they can't do anything in the gym til January. where do independent groups rehearse? not everywhere is california where you can go outside and rehearse in December. What about colleges where regionals or finals are held? They don't know now let alone January-April.

Alright I thought from your post you had the scoop. No need to get into cursing. 

7 minutes ago, E3D said:

Alright I thought from your post you had the scoop. No need to get into cursing. 

I didn't curse. I ####'d

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

I didn't curse. I ####'d

Giving net nanny a break and doing it yourself eh?

As for my earlier post of now that I have time... holy crap day after tomorrow I’ll be retired 5 months... just as CV started hitting the fan big time. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

On 7/24/2020 at 5:59 PM, Continental said:

I was out for a walk yesterday and saw a mother with two small children.   All three were wearing masks.  I've probably seen this type of scenario many times before but was so preoccupied with everything going on that it never really sank in.  

Yesterday it bothered me - a lot.  I could not stop thinking about how those kids lives are affected by this - how this experience will be carried with them for the rest of their lives.

Depending on age, many of us got to do so many things in our childhoods without ever imagining having to wear a mask just to go to a store.  It's summer, we played outside, we went camping, swimming, sleepovers, played in the park without ever having to think about a virus.   On top of how complex the world is now, the very young now have this experience which is going to be a big part of what forms them as adults. 

Yeah, this will affect us as well for the rest of our lives.  But we had our childhoods. 

I've given a ton of thought to my grandmother's childhood that would have been shaped by the 1918 pandemic. As I washed clothes by hand in the tub and hung them to dry then worked on hand sewing my mask in the earliest days of the lockdown I was wryly thinking, "Grandma would been helping with handwashing laundry and likely learned to sew by sewing masks as part of her childhood."  

She went on to marry, raise three young boys through the end of the great Depression and WWII, and always had 3 years worth of canned food she rotated from canning things from her garden every year.  

• Like 1