13th Place

17 minutes ago, Tony L. said:

So after rewatching 2000, I actually did end up agreeing with the nod to Bluecoats.  Southwind did everything they were given very well.  But, the Bluecoats' show just seemed much more sophisticated.  One thing I did not realize until I rechecked scores is that the Bluecoats were way ahead of SW all year.  I think up by as many as 9 points.  I wonder if they even had SW on their radar until right before Finals week.  Very close.  

I thought Bluecoats deserved to be in finals.  My problem is with Madison in finals. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I thought Bluecoats deserved to be in finals.  My problem is with Madison in finals. 

I just rewatched the Scouts and I think you are right.  I had completely forgotten about that show.  What a mess.  And that guard.  Yowza! Was guard on the sheets in 2000?  I forgot when it officially became a caption.  But yes.  I would have place SW above them too.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tony L. said:

I just rewatched the Scouts and I think you are right.  I had completely forgotten about that show.  What a mess.  And that guard.  Yowza! Was guard on the sheets in 2000?  I forgot when it officially became a caption.  But yes.  I would have place SW above them too.  

Too many chefs ruined that stew of a show.   

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

this

• Like 3

I mentioned 1979 and 1983 Crossmen as corps that belonged in finals.  I looked at 2000 yesterday........that was quite a battle between Southwind and Bluecoats.  I think that you can make the case for both..........Southwind performed well across the board, and the show was solid.   Bluecoats didn't back down from the challenge, and they performed well enough, too.  Tough call.

I felt that the 2013 Troopers belonged in finals ahead of Blue Stars.  One particular effect judge pretty much decided things, as their score was out of line with the other 3, who all had Troopers over the Blue Stars.  I was at the theater for that one, and I felt that the Troopers clearly "brought it" that night.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2020 at 1:25 AM, 84BDsop said:

I think you were the one who sent me the prelims run vid....I've always enjoyed it.

Semifinals was a whole different level. How we didn't move up in score (or placement) confuses me.