Mandarins - Here We Go Again

And Mandarins broke away from a dealer the other week because they felt the head made racist comments. 

Blame one person for missing finals? We had a field DM mess up and cost us points in DCA Prelims one year. We were too far down in the standings to make finals but could have made associate membership which would have helped. Staff told us if we could look at what we did that show and find no personal mistakes then we could condemn. Of course no one could.

Update is (now) the corps is investigating.... 😒

Edited by JimF-LowBari

9 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

And Mandarins broke away from a dealer the other week because they felt the head made racist comments. 

Blame one person for missing finals? We had a field DM mess up and cost us points in DCA Prelims one year. We were too far down in the standings to make finals but could have made associate membership which would have helped. Staff told us if we could look at what we did that show and find no personal mistakes then we could condemn. Of course no one could.

Update is (now) the corps is investigating.... 😒

The sad thing is the DM & others had complained privately to Corps management, & nothing (apparently) happened.  It had to go public for action to occur.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

The sad thing is the DM & others had complained privately to Corps management, & nothing (apparently) happened.  It had to go public for action to occur.  

Just got into Reddit to see the thread you posted and another one. Staff member really a loose cannon but corps BoD apparently let him be his ##### self. Really hit the young lady hard (wonder if anyone else) which is the worst part of this.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Just got into Reddit to see the thread you posted and another one. Staff member really a loose cannon but corps BoD apparently let him be his ##### self. Really hit the young lady hard (wonder if anyone else) which is the worst part of this.

There's an instagram account linked somewhere on Reddit with upwards of ten different stories related to the matter, so I think the short answer is unfortunately yes.

• Sad 3

57 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

a far too common occurence

• Thanks 2

Reading the reddit postings. It seems that the person brought this out to the corps a year ago. The corps appears to have done nothing based on the facebook post acknowledging that information was made public. That might leave the corps liable for civil damages if this person goes that route. 

What if this was an incident from further in the past say 30 or more years ago, and the staff / BOD members today were part of people who had abused other corps members. Should that information be made public? What if the person or persons abused were still dealing with the pain even today? 

• Like 1

That WGI knew about these allegations and said they were not responsible for investigating them so they decided to go ahead with their plans to induct him into the WGI Hall of Fame is deeply troubling to me. I get that they technically may not have the power to investigate, but they certainly could have pressed the organizations involved to get to the bottom of this IMO. It would seem like the wise thing to do *before* going ahead with plans to give him their highest honors.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

What a mind trip ... YOU are the reason we didn’t make finals. I think I would have gone old school drum corps on him. Think Jim would have my back?

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1