Mandarins - Here We Go Again

14 hours ago, Newseditor44 said:

Mike, I think this entire discussion should be removed. This is a private matter for the organization to handle and its impossible to know whether any of this is accurate. 

I totally disagree with your post. The main complaint was made publicly AFTER the Mandarins ignored it. There are other complaints made public. 

Who are you to ask moderators to remove? If I make my complaint public here will you also ask for my statement to be removed? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MikeD said:

Mod hat here:

Please be careful what you post on the topic, so that it can remain open. Follow DCP guidelines on posting, especially if you are thinking of posting private unpublished information.

We are not allowed to share things that have happened to us unless it is posted on other social media? Or do we have to first formal complaint to the organization? Then come back post here? 

2 hours ago, O'Neal's said:

I totally disagree with your post. The main complaint was made publicly AFTER the Mandarins ignored it. There are other complaints made public. 

Who are you to ask moderators to remove? If I make my complaint public here will you also ask for my statement to be removed? 

Just remembered why I have been staying away from DCP.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Newseditor44 said:

Mike, I think this entire discussion should be removed. This is a private matter for the organization to handle and its impossible to know whether any of this is accurate. 

well no. it was made public by others. many other organizations made statements following it going public.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Rich Cline said:

IMO the "Jury is Still Out" on this one. I have researched the alleged post by Kathy Ho (Drum Major)  on Reddit, videos on Innovative Percussion regarding Ike Johnson as well as his history and starting as a performer in the Blue Devils leading to his position as a percussion instructor for many various organizations.

I do not condone mis-behavior by any educator/instructor, and I would expect and demand any instructor who works with younger age students to conduct themselves as a "Professional" at all times.

It seems that at times, Ike Johnson may have over-stepped this line.

It's a human condition of trying to be better than you were yesterday  - and teaching that to others in a positive way is a developed skill.

As an educator or instructor it's imperative to do this with skill and finesse which is the mark of highly demanded teacher/instructor.

Ike Jackson.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MikeD said:

Mod hat here:

Please be careful what you post on the topic, so that it can remain open. Follow DCP guidelines on posting, especially if you are thinking of posting private unpublished information.

Can we have a definition of “private unpublished info”. Things get flaky in the web with FB (and other SM sites?) privacy settings and “I saw this on the internet so must be true”.... Really confused by what is considered unpublished (on the web?) but is possible to be posted on DCP?

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, O'Neal's said:

I was not aware she made the complaint publicly (as opposed to just the Mandarins) so maybe he was not either.  

In any case, I was not aware that you had to be somebody special to ask the mods a question or to make a request.

• Like 1