Mandarins - Here We Go Again

5 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Can we have a definition of “private unpublished info”. Things get flaky in the web with FB (and other SM sites?) privacy settings and “I saw this on the internet so must be true”.... Really confused by what is considered unpublished (on the web?) but can be posted on DCP?

An email for example. If somebody has a private security settings on FB so only friends can see, don’t post here what was said on that FB account, or other private forums not for general viewing. Just a couple of examples.

• Thanks 5

Maybe the first thing we should always ask is whether we are sure the victim would be OK with our posting about their personal circumstances.  

I’m not saying they would not be in this case.  Just that it is something we should think about first.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, MikeD said:

An email for example. If somebody has a private security settings on FB so only friends can see, don’t post here what was said on that FB account, or other private forums not for general viewing. Just a couple of examples.

Thanks Mike, thought of the privacy settings not being fully “open” but didn’t think of a private email (or text). 
Reminds me of annual personal security trading which I don’t have to do anymore 😃

Ayala's principal has posted a message on the school's website

And for those who haven't read the posts on IG...

- The Mandarins have launched an investigation into these matters and have placed Jackson on administrative leave pending the results.

- Jackson has stepped down from the SCPA board of directors

- The superintendent of the Chino Valley United School District is conducting an investigation and have reported the allegations to the Chino Hills Sheriff's Department

- Still nothing from WGI (that I can find)

Edited by seen-it-all
  • Thanks 5

On 7/26/2020 at 1:52 PM, greg_orangecounty said:

........................Here's another "old school" fact:  There are parents outside of the Ayala High School boundaries that falsely report their home address.  They use addresses of family or friends within the Ayala boundaries just so their kids can be a part of their music programs, including drum line. 

[citation needed]

Why would they want or need to do that? The three closest high schools to Ayala are Chino, Chino Hills, and Diamond Bar. All three have fantastic music programs. Chino Hills has won WGI and had the superior drum line for a few years now.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, hostrauser said:

[citation needed]

Why would they want or need to do that? The three closest high schools to Ayala are Chino, Chino Hills, and Diamond Bar. All three have fantastic music programs. Chino Hills has won WGI and had the superior drum line for a few years now.

We went to the Fiesta Bowl band contests back when they had them.  Have seen Chino twice and they won both times.  

P.S.  Or was it three times?

P.S.  it was three times.

Edited by skevinp
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, seen-it-all said:

Ayala's principal has posted a message on the school's website

And for those who haven't read the posts on IG...

- The Mandarins have launched an investigation into these matters and have placed Jackson on administrative leave pending the results.

- Jackson has stepped down from the SCPA board of directors

- The superintendent of the Chino Valley United School District is conducting an investigation and have reported the allegations to the Chino Hills Sheriff's Department

- Still nothing from WGI (that I can find)

most Hall of Fames wont do anything until investigations are over

5 minutes ago, skevinp said:

And even then it’s just a simple substitution of “Sh” for “F”.

i was trying to be nice. thats a challenge today

5 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

most Hall of Fames wont do anything until investigations are over

This one should have waited to induct him for those investigations are over. I'm pretty surprised at WGI because I know they usually take this stuff very seriously. It seems very short-sighted of them to go ahead with his induction, knowing about the allegations. IMO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1