Mandarins - Here We Go Again

3 minutes ago, Continental said:

35 years ago when I had my first apartment I couldn't remember if I turned off the iron in the morning. 

You ironed? What’s that? 😂

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Continental said:

35 years ago when I had my first apartment I couldn't remember if I turned off the iron in the morning. 

I never started the practice.  Once you start, you raise the bar & everyone will expect wrinkle free clothing.  #PermanentPress  :spitting:

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Haha 4

On 7/27/2020 at 12:21 PM, seen-it-all said:

Ayala's principal has posted a message on the school's website

And for those who haven't read the posts on IG...

- The Mandarins have launched an investigation into these matters and have placed Jackson on administrative leave pending the results.

- Jackson has stepped down from the SCPA board of directors

- The superintendent of the Chino Valley United School District is conducting an investigation and have reported the allegations to the Chino Hills Sheriff's Department

- Still nothing from WGI (that I can find)

I hope you're right about Ayala.  I only say that because the message on their website is a month old and doesn't sound like it has to do with Mr. Jackson (am I wrong?)  Also, there's no such thing as a Chino, or Chino Hills Sheriff's Department.  

15 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

I hope you're right about Ayala.  I only say that because the message on their website is a month old and doesn't sound like it has to do with Mr. Jackson (am I wrong?)  Also, there's no such thing as a Chino, or Chino Hills Sheriff's Department.  

You're right. It is kind of vague as to what the principal is talking about specifically. The comment can refer to lots of different things, from Jackson to kids posting stupid stuff to...????

The date of the comment was 6/28. Not sure how relevant it is to this topic.

As for Chino Hils...according to the city website..."Police services are provided to the City of Chino Hills through a contract with the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department."

Technically there is no Chino Hills police/sheriff, but the contracted service has their own building in the city and they do provide service. 

Edited by MikeD

On 7/27/2020 at 8:36 PM, skevinp said:

I don’t think anyone was saying it should be buried.  There was just a question as to the wishes of the victim.  

I’m not saying it was the case here, but for a situation where the victim does not want their personal circumstances to be made public, do you think it should be made public anyway?  

To me that is an interesting ethical dilemma.  Where I used to work, someone posed such a hypothetical to HR.  Their answer was that you had to report what you know to HR, even if it means betraying the trust of the victim.  

No, I don’t think personal circumstances should be made public if someone asks you not to.   I don’t think I could do that to someone unless they were in danger, then that’s a different story.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Yep.  Suspended.  @Jeff Ream posted it a few pages back. 

This is what drives me slowly insane.  It takes someone’s desperation for justice for anything to be done.

After all that’s transpired in the activity recently, you would think these CEO’s and board members would get their head out of their collective ##### already.  

I wonder if it were any other activity, would they still have jobs?

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Spinning said:

This is what drives me slowly insane.  It takes someone’s desperation for justice for anything to be done.

After all that’s transpired in the activity recently, you would think these CEO’s and board members would get their head out of their collective ##### already.  

I wonder if it were any other activity, would they still have jobs?

Joe Paterno and others were forced to resign but drum corps...nothing to see here! 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Joe Paterno and others were forced to resign but drum corps...nothing to see here! 

There is a podcast from a couple years ago called Believed about the Olympic gymnastics doctor, Larry Nassar. It's absolutely incredible how he was so blatant in his abuse of close to 100 young women and girls. Finally, an investigative journalist listened. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Continental said:

Was he the planar analysis guy?

and the guy that got Naldony to interview him with his "i told Acheson i heard rumors" call yet had no hard proof of anything to offer...and got made nothing was done