Mandarins - Here We Go Again

1 hour ago, Newseditor44 said:

First off, I never suggested that anything be buried (nor do I ever think it could be on this forum). My concern was that of the posts that featured the young DM that sent a note to the Mandarins family. In my opinion, she addressed her letter to the Mandarins family not to DCP and beyond. Yes, this is the digital age and that's always a risk you take, I would just hope that we could respect that bit of privacy. That was the reason I asked to close the thread, not to mute the discussion. At some point we have to begin talking about how to protect the victims, even on public message forums. 

Here We Go Again.  (See what I did?)

That post was posted to their FB Alumni group, but it was after she posted & tagged the Sacramento Mandarins FB page with her original post.  I'm not her friend on FB, but the post was made public so anyone with an account could read it.  It was also posted on 2 Instagram & 2 Twitter accounts.  (also made public)  

There are also several post on FB by Amanda Frausto about all of the events.  You are welcome to peruse those as well.  From her FB pics, she is a keyboard/synth player who marched Pulse, Pacific Crest, & maybe RRC.  Her post are also public with several comments.  She is also calling out Mr. Jackson for his behaviors.

I salute both of these young marching members.  All of these events have set into motion investigations by the Mandarins, Ayala HS, WGI, & probably Innovative Percussion.      

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

There is a podcast from a couple years ago called Believed about the Olympic gymnastics doctor, Larry Nassar. It's absolutely incredible how he was so blatant in his abuse of close to 100 young women and girls. Finally, an investigative journalist listened. 

The investigative journalists that broke the story were from the Indianapolis Star.  & last I checked DCI HQ is also in Indy (although now in a strip mall by the airport).  I would not be surprised if the reporters were working on abuse in Drum Corps & have not published it for whatever reason.  Yet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

100% agree. For some time people saw Nadolny as a snake and someone trying to bring down DCI. She is quite the opposite, she’s a hero for all the people whose voices have not been heard. 

We need to nominate her her the DCI HOF.  100% serious.  That is, if DCI survives Covid-19, which is by no means assured.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

From one former US Gov't (DoD) guy to another - Document, Document, Document!

Stop the flashbacks... stop the flashbacks lol.... Also (and on topic) know first line person to report to and the secondary person if first person does nothing or is the problem (seen that twice)...

34 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

The investigative journalists that broke the story were from the Indianapolis Star.  & last I checked DCI HQ is also in Indy (although now in a strip mall by the airport).  I would not be surprised if the reporters were working on abuse in Drum Corps & have not published it for whatever reason.  Yet.

if they were i think we'd have seen something in the last 2 years

Locking to clean up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Unlocked. 

Mandarins, Ike Johnson. Go

• Thanks 2