Unlocked. 

Mandarins, Ike Johnson. Go

Jackson.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

45 minutes ago, Toby said:

Unlocked.

Mandarins, Ike Johnson. Go

Ironically, Googling the name "Ike Johnson" reveals we can't talk about that person here.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Notice this at bottom of last page and want to make sure my addition ain’t missed.... Want to make sure we don’t get into blaming the victims....

It wasn’t missed.  As a victim of abuse myself, I can assure you that my wanting us to respect the guidelines and respect each other is not for the purpose of “blaming the victims”. 

This is supposed to be a drum corps forum.  If we can all take shots at political figures and then claim it’s OK because nobody can prove we meant it politically, then everyone will do that every time, the guidelines are effectively obliterated, and so is all hope of having fair and reasonable discussion of the topics that threads are supposed to be about.

Important topics, in some cases, like abuse in drum corps.  

Edited by skevinp
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, skevinp said:

It wasn’t missed.  As a victim of abuse myself, I can assure you that my wanting us to respect the guidelines and respect each other is not for the purpose of “blaming the victims”.  But thanks for being sure to twist that knife a second time.  

This is supposed to be a drum corps forum.  If we can all take shots at political figures and then claim it’s OK because nobody can prove we meant it politically, then everyone will do that every time, the guidelines are effectively obliterated, and so is all hope of having fair and reasonable discussion of the topics that threads are supposed to be about.

Important topics, in some cases, like abuse in drum corps.  

what I was responding to was “just stop it” which had absolutely NO information on wtf you meant.

Ok I’ll admit I might have made a bad assumption. But I wasn’t the only one making assumptions yesterday. There were quite a few made imo from couple of other people..

and not giving examples as not starting that again

Edited by JimF-LowBari

20 minutes ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

More from the Mandarins:

Image may contain: text that says 'EquitAbility Consulting is conducting an independent investigation as result the concerns raised on social media and a whistleblower complaint received by the Mandarins. The Mandarins have been and will continue to fully cooperate in the ongoing investigation. If anyone wishes to share specific information about lleged misconduct with the investigators, please email Joan Slavin at jslavin@equitabiltyconsulting.com.'

Outside investigators 👍

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Outside investigators 👍

Outside investigators can be helpful in an “audit” situation. You want to make sure your organization is keeping up to standards and protocols so you hire the investigators to do a review. When it comes to complaints, outside investigators can be good, but if the results favor the organization, it can be viewed as skewed since the organization is paying for the investigation. In an ideal world, DCI would have outside investigators and assign them to a corps. The corps would pay DCI for the investigation, but DCI would pay the investigators. That can remove some of the appearance of bias. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Outside investigators can be helpful in an “audit” situation. You want to make sure your organization is keeping up to standards and protocols so you hire the investigators to do a review. When it comes to complaints, outside investigators can be good, but if the results favor the organization, it can be viewed as skewed since the organization is paying for the investigation. In an ideal world, DCI would have outside investigators and assign them to a corps. The corps would pay DCI for the investigation, but DCI would pay the investigators. That can remove some of the appearance of bias. 

Outside can also help if the policies are less than clearly understood, incomplete or conflict with law. I’m sure DCI paid good money to come up with their policies but also good to review them periodically. 
Not totally on topic to Mandarins maybe but should be kept in mind when looking at policies and if they are being followed