Will there be a DCI 2021 season? (Read before voting... )

Will there be a DCI 2021 season? (Read before voting... )  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Assume both fall (marching band) and spring (WGI) marching arts are cancelled - but by January, we have three vaccines for covid-19 approved for general use, and widely deployed in ample supply. Could there still be a DCI season in 2021 under those circumstances?

• Yes - maybe fewer shows, maybe more localized, but there could still be DCI contests in 2021.
    • No - if WGI takes 2021 off, there is zero chance of a DCI season. Fall 2021 marching band would be the first possible return of marching contests.

13 minutes ago, Continental said:

I volunteer to watch videos for half that.

Except wedding videos.  Those I would charge $200 to watch. 

Only wedding video I ever saw was for a friend in VA and we were there. Father of bride walks from the alter and few seconds later hear “THUD”. Bride says “that’s driving me crazy what caused that noise”. We knew and told her half the story. 200 year old church in VA and pews were on a riser. So you had to step up to get into the pew. Father of the bride forgot, caught the riser with his foot “THUD” and almost went on his nose. What we DIDN’T tell her was we saw her dad earlier that day and he was pretty “lubricated”. (Hic)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Continental said:

Guardling, has it gone through you mind as well that Courtney from New Zealand might also really enjoy watching WGI videos?

If you are going to watch WGI videos maybe start with something good from the past. 

On 7/24/2020 at 7:59 PM, Continental said:

Guardling, has it gone through you mind as well that Courtney from New Zealand might also really enjoy watching WGI videos?

No idea what you meant. Was this some type of problem with my post?

On 7/24/2020 at 7:55 PM, Continental said:

I see you are new here.

Welcome.  I hope you enjoy your time on this forum. 

On 7/24/2020 at 7:56 PM, Jurassic Lancer said:

And if not, bourbon helps.

The two of you were making fun of me? Why?

6 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

I had not seen you on this forum before and saw that you had very few posts.  Instead of responding directly with my opinion, I chose to just welcome you.

With regard to a WGI video reference for Courtney in New Zealand - it was an actual intended question.  As we were talking about WGI influence, I wanted Guardling's opinion on the matter.   He has a big guard background. 

As for the reference to bourbon,  the longer you stay on this forum the more it will make sense.  Some days it just makes sense to have alcohol nearby and you will often see references to it. 

• Like 1

On 7/24/2020 at 6:09 PM, GUARDLING said:

$400 at least...lol

Side questions for you.

Are you old enough to remember "comp guard" contests without music?

Did you know Stanley Knaub?  

48 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Side questions for you.

Are you old enough to remember "comp guard" contests without music?

Did you know Stanley Knaub?  

Yes knew Stanley well, My sister also taught with him when she ventured out west for a time. I barley remember without music BUT remember drums with guard . I think my 1st year still had man. of arms but changed for good right after .

I guess you can say been around the corner a few times and still jogging..lol

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, O'Neal's said:

Not making fun of you at all! We were just welcoming you the forums in our own special DCP way.  And once again, welcome aboard! 

23 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Yes knew Stanley well, My sister also taught with him when she ventured out west for a time. I barley remember without music BUT remember drums with guard . I think my 1st year still had man. of arms but changed for good right after .

I guess you can say been around the corner a few times and still jogging..lol

That 2004 Fantasia tribute show to him was just so well done.