Will there be a DCI 2021 season? (Read before voting... )

Will there be a DCI 2021 season? (Read before voting... )  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Assume both fall (marching band) and spring (WGI) marching arts are cancelled - but by January, we have three vaccines for covid-19 approved for general use, and widely deployed in ample supply. Could there still be a DCI season in 2021 under those circumstances?

• Yes - maybe fewer shows, maybe more localized, but there could still be DCI contests in 2021.
    • No - if WGI takes 2021 off, there is zero chance of a DCI season. Fall 2021 marching band would be the first possible return of marching contests.

7 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

I hear ya. I think though if they saw the world today ( if passed ) they wouldnt believe it...great things but some scary ####. I'm not sure a world they would want to be in. So much change. Think how simple ( we can relate  too now but not then ) when we were kids

I’m old so they’ve all left this mortal coil but I imagine they’d be a bit baffled by it all.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, E3D said:

Where do you get this information? 

Did not see anything in today's news that mentioned that specifically but I did read where,,,,, back on July 16 --246 children in the state were hospitalized for covid, and July 24th the number was at 303. That is a 23% increase in the children's covid hospitalizations. Nowhere can you find info that says 24 or 25% of the overall hospital covid cases are children in the state of Florida. 

I did read where Florida's department of health made huge errors in their rates. That was last week. Maybe the same type of games being played there in Florida and here on DCP. 

Got it right from the local news in FL. this morning..Only games in Fl are played by the politicians  An ID Dr. told me 2 months ago not to listen to TV and whats coming out now when the state was being touted as the place that knew what they were doing. Sure enough everything he said has come to be. actually I was wrong 23%, looked it up  23% in hosp. cases of children

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m old so they’ve all left this mortal coil but I imagine they’d be a bit baffled by it all.  

My mom is 96 ... she has seen it all.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Got it right from the local news in FL. this morning..Only games in Fl are played by the politicians  An ID Dr. told me 2 months ago not to listen to TV and whats coming out now when the state was being touted as the place that knew what they were doing. Sure enough everything they said has come to be. actually I was wrong 23%, looked it up  23% in hosp. cases of children

Alright so 23% of all children hospitalizations in Florida are covid related issues or they are positive for covid?  Also remember this is the same state that have motorcycle accident victims added to the covid death count. If no one is looking you get all types of strange numbers that are used in various ways. At least they eventually corrected the mistake. 

https://cbs12.com/news/local/man-who-died-in-motorcycle-crash-counted-as-covid-19-death-in-florida-report

https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/fox-35-investigates-questions-raised-after-fatal-motorcycle-crash-listed-as-covid-19-death

4 minutes ago, E3D said:

Alright so 23% of all children hospitalizations in Florida are covid related issues or they are positive for covid?  Also remember this is the same state that have motorcycle accident victims added to the covid death count. If no one is looking you get all types of strange numbers that are used in various ways. At least they eventually corrected the mistake. 

https://cbs12.com/news/local/man-who-died-in-motorcycle-crash-counted-as-covid-19-death-in-florida-report

https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/fox-35-investigates-questions-raised-after-fatal-motorcycle-crash-listed-as-covid-19-death

there are no words...but thanks...As with the daily circus on TV. I'll listen to the Drs

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

My mom is 96 ... she has seen it all.

Good for her... mine would have been 92 and she left some good “making due” stories from the depression. Back story is her dad was 21 years older than her mom (second marriage) so they (parents and 5 daughters) were living on his railroad pension and Spanish American War vet checks. Heard lot about taking things day by day.

Wish I hadn’t heard how the “playhouse” my cousins and I would play in was actually the chicken coop for Sunday dinner (dirt and ancient chicken #### floor). Just can’t picture my sweet 100 pound grandmother doing “here chick chick chick” SNAP.... 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, rysa4 said:

What is your opinion about a permanent societal behavorial change with regards to indoor gatherings with large amounts of people?  I am not looking for an all or nothing answer, but curious as to your opinion.

Who pays for the testing at stadiums? Dci? The stadium? Not happening 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, O'Neal's said:

Not all area's bands are canceled. 

Yet

• Thanks 2