Will there be a DCI 2021 season? (Read before voting... )

Will there be a DCI 2021 season? (Read before voting... )  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Assume both fall (marching band) and spring (WGI) marching arts are cancelled - but by January, we have three vaccines for covid-19 approved for general use, and widely deployed in ample supply. Could there still be a DCI season in 2021 under those circumstances?

• Yes - maybe fewer shows, maybe more localized, but there could still be DCI contests in 2021.
    • No - if WGI takes 2021 off, there is zero chance of a DCI season. Fall 2021 marching band would be the first possible return of marching contests.

20 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Who pays for the testing at stadiums? Dci? The stadium? Not happening 

Maybe they’d do questionnaires.  I had to fill one out for the dentist the other day and sign it.  Who knows what awaits me at the doctor for my bp check 8/4? 

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Maybe they’d do questionnaires.  I had to fill one out for the dentist the other day and sign it.  Who knows what awaits me at the doctor for my bp check 8/4? 

Imagine the tracing that would have to be done. I got a temperature check to get a haircut 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Imagine the tracing that would have to be done. I got a temperature check to get a haircut 

Yep and first time the lady looked at the readout and looked like —> 😳 Then she tried again and heard her mutter “I gotta step closer to do this”. I was then like —> 😥

58 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

And she’s still here, bless her heart. 

Yeah, she’s been through the Great Depression, seeing her fiancé / then her husband, my father, through WWII, then losing my step-father to COVID-19. He had no co-morbidities other than being old — he was 91. He took less medications than I do.

I picked her up from the hospital today. She fell and hit her face because of an UTI. She spends most of her time watching Andy Griffith and Gunsmoke reruns. I say, put me on an ice flow at 85. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Who pays for the testing at stadiums? Dci? The stadium? Not happening 

So I guess I should have been more specific. Regardless of testing, many people right now have altered their habits as far as large indoor events and attendance. Heck won't go back to a theater even when this all gets to a better place. If 20% of the population changes their habits, and says " NO thanks, I'm good" and eschews going out much for public entertainment. Will these changes of choice stick, or will they pretty much go away?

44 minutes ago, rysa4 said:

So I guess I should have been more specific. Regardless of testing, many people right now have altered their habits as far as large indoor events and attendance. Heck won't go back to a theater even when this all gets to a better place. If 20% of the population changes their habits, and says " NO thanks, I'm good" and eschews going out much for public entertainment. Will these changes of choice stick, or will they pretty much go away?

if DCI says they are going to run events, and people stay away, the activity is ####ed.

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

if DCI says they are going to run events, and people stay away, the activity is ####ed.

I wonder if there are two seasons off, if there won’t be a natural attrition.  People just falling away and doing other things.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I wonder if there are two seasons off, if there won’t be a natural attrition.  People just falling away and doing other things.  

I know you asked Jeff and not me but...lol...I can tell you it is happening already , in small amounts but more time can increase that I think

• Like 4