Will there be a DCI 2021 season? (Read before voting... )

Will there be a DCI 2021 season? (Read before voting... )  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Assume both fall (marching band) and spring (WGI) marching arts are cancelled - but by January, we have three vaccines for covid-19 approved for general use, and widely deployed in ample supply. Could there still be a DCI season in 2021 under those circumstances?

• Yes - maybe fewer shows, maybe more localized, but there could still be DCI contests in 2021.
    • No - if WGI takes 2021 off, there is zero chance of a DCI season. Fall 2021 marching band would be the first possible return of marching contests.

5 hours ago, troopers1 said:

OK. Who's taking bets on the topic of that 10-9 and 1 abstention vote?

- Marching parades using authentic civil war brass reproductions?  

0250b.gif

OR

- Doing a DCI All Star Drum Corps flash mob for the virtual Macy's Parade next Thursday?

Just an aside:

Those CW brass bands are the direct ancestors of what became Drum Corps in this country.

Search out some of the re-created music performances using those instruments and you'll hear that: Eb rotary cornets playing the melody, where lead sopranos would later establish their territory:

Outdoor brass and percussion music survived the Civil War. It'll get through the pandemic as well.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, O'Neal's said:

The two who made message about it are no longer talking about it. Now that you bring it up I want to know why 20 and not 22 as well. 

i wasn't given a reason for that

5 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

That got cancelled due to the pandemic too?

no isn't there some time frame until they get full voting rights? it makes sense to me for the reason

Can we keep this one open folks? 

21 hours ago, WilsonStaff said:

Insider information maybe. Why tease the info without more details

Speculation and innuendo fuels DCP discussion.  As for details, there are those on those calls who are willing to speak to others.  Coming to discussion boards to discuss things is just that, on face value.  Here's another "tease" to speculate on; the vote was for some sort of a three day "showcase in a bubble" in Indy, in August.  

Soooooooooooo, let the further speculation begin. Third party hearsay for "details" be ###### 😂 

14 minutes ago, Daave said:

Speculation and innuendo fuels DCP discussion.  As for details, there are those on those calls who are willing to speak to others.  Coming to discussion boards to discuss things is just that, on face value.  Here's another "tease" to speculate on; the vote was for some sort of a three day "showcase in a bubble" in Indy, in August.  

Soooooooooooo, let the further speculation begin. Third party hearsay for "details" be ###### 😂 

Okaaaaaay 😆 let’s build on that... nah... time for new topic. Let’s see if I can keep my perfect record of getting them closed 🤮

14 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Okaaaaaay 😆 let’s build on that... nah... time for new topic. Let’s see if I can keep my perfect record of getting them closed 🤮

while i get info, i only spill out what i can confirm from multiple sources. and even then not everything goes public. I was aware of the Hop accusations 3 months before it went public