Will there be a DCI 2021 season? (Read before voting... )

Will there be a DCI 2021 season? (Read before voting... )  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Assume both fall (marching band) and spring (WGI) marching arts are cancelled - but by January, we have three vaccines for covid-19 approved for general use, and widely deployed in ample supply. Could there still be a DCI season in 2021 under those circumstances?

• Yes - maybe fewer shows, maybe more localized, but there could still be DCI contests in 2021.
    • No - if WGI takes 2021 off, there is zero chance of a DCI season. Fall 2021 marching band would be the first possible return of marching contests.

Adding to the above. How often would everyone in the organization be checked? If a hit found then contract tracing would have to check where the corps had been since last tests and who had been in contact with corps members. Including volunteers who worked the site only (locals for example).

10 hours ago, troopers1 said:

This is the way I look at it.

Corps X is on tour.  They are required to regularly test their members and staff.  One person tests positive.

What does Corps X have to do? I'm guessing quarantine the entire touring organization for two weeks.  That doesn't mean 180 people in one room somewhere.  It means small groups of no more than 10, isolated from each other.

Where will they do that?  Not at some random school  Maybe at a hotel, if the hotel agrees, and they might given the horrendous occupancy rates they are fighting, but the cost would be tremendous.  The corps can't pack everyone onto buses for a two day drive "home", whereupon they let everyone drift to the wind.

This scenario is why there will be no tour this summer.  My opinion, of course.

brought this up as well

I am hopeful for the 2021 season. 

I miss DCI a lot... shoot, I am stuck at home due to quarantine and all I'm doing is sitting here and watching old marching shows. While it's helping, it just isn't the same. Hopefully we can get this figured out. 

I need to cheer for the best corps during the summer.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Daave said:

My understanding is there was a vote last night regarding moving forward with options or canning another season.  If so, then the news for the next few days will spark some good discussion, regardless the outcome.

and the consensus is not unanimous

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

brought this up as well

Great minds...

33 minutes ago, troopers1 said:

Great minds...

drink Jack Daniels and hold back what they truly think when reading DCP 😎

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Thanks 1