Warning! - UnAuthorized FloMarching Subscription Charges

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

That’s true.  I can only imagine the losses.  That we pay for, of course.

From what I understand, losses are covered by insurance and as you rightfully state, we pay for it in the end with increased fees. 

They know they are going to recoup their money.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I have another month or so. Keeping an eye on the charges via the app. My one card was breached years back and should have had cell phone as main phone. Got home and had msg “did you charge $9000 on plane tickets to Indonesia within the last hour?”. Man I flew to the phone to call back. Cancelled everything out, got new card, set cell as #1 number and.... set limit to lot less and “don’t you keep jacking up my limit because I’m a good risk, that made me a #### target for this”.

.....and then you packed your bags for Jakarta!   😎

• Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...

Quote from the article shared above in 4th paragraph.  🙄  

With an eye on 2021, FloSports has invested in new technologies that will deliver a completely new broadcast viewing experience for drum corps and marching arts fans.  :spitting:

Another quote:

FloMarching has become the global leader in year-round live and on-demand coverage of marching arts, as well as original films, breaking news, up-to-date results and event calendars, and more.

Makes me want to grab another beer.  Back in a minute...  :guinesssmilie:

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

23 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

"Jesus, take the wheel"... FloSports (FloMarching) contract renewed with DCI through 2026.  Six more years of no broadcast for me. :wall: 

https://www.dci.org/news/flosports-extends-broadcast-rights-partnership-with-drum-corps-international?utm_source=sfmc&utm_medium=email

I know first hand that DCI execs and BoD members were severely chastised for inking this deal.  But I can't help thinking what a stroke of luck it was to make the deal when the enterprise value of drum corp was much higher than now.

Something tells me that the same deal between Flo and DCI, made today, would have netted DCI much, much less than the 5-year deal did.

Did DCI offices know, when they made the deal, that DCI's value was about to fall off a cliff?  Probably not.  But any business leader will share that success is generally built with as much luck as it is skill.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, garfield said:

I know first hand that DCI execs and BoD members were severely chastised for inking this deal.  But I can't help thinking what a stroke of luck it was to make the deal when the enterprise value of drum corp was much higher than now.

Something tells me that the same deal between Flo and DCI, made today, would have netted DCI much, much less than the 5-year deal did.

Did DCI offices know, when they made the deal, that DCI's value was about to fall off a cliff?  Probably not.  But any business leader will share that success is generally built with as much luck as it is skill.

I guess all I can hope for is maybe they'll have their product perfected in 3 or 4 years.