Cadets confirm no return to West Point-style uniform ever

Looked at the Bari price and write up..

โ€œlightly used for one seasonโ€..... ๐Ÿ™„

ย 

25 minutes ago, Continental said:

They haven't worn their traditional burgundy/cream cadet uniforms for 6 years.ย 

ย 

Five years. The final show the Cadets performed in Cadet uniforms was July 29, 2015 in Annapolis, MD. I saw the show the next day in Chester, but what I wouldn't have given to witness the swan song of this uniformย after 75 years (not like anyone in the stands realized it at the time).

ย 

Edited by Hrothgar15

I can see them wearing the traditional uni for a parade or stand still show, and maybe for Finals retreat the way the Cavaliers did last year. Otherwise they have notย worn that traditional uni since the first half of 2015. It stings more with Cadets and a few others because they have such a long history and have worn that look for most of that time. It's been easier for other corps to move forward. Take Bluecoats. They never really had one standard look from day one. Their uniforms were constantly changing through the 70s, 80s, and 90s...well before the move to costumes. Same with Blue Devils. And there are many other examples.ย 

My suggestion to the Cadets would be to consider a slight name change. If the West Point-style uni is out for field competition purposes, perhaps consider another name. The Cadets sort of reflects a military nature. It could be as simple as adding a name in front of Cadets (like Garfield, but I know they are not moving back to New Jersey at this point), or it could be they come up with something completely new. They obviously do not have to do this.ย 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Continental said:

They haven't worn their traditional burgundy/cream cadet uniforms for 6 years.ย 

ย 

yup. i am sure if needed to fit the show one may appear like in 18. it's a different day now.

9 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

I can see them wearing the traditional uni for a parade or stand still show, and maybe for Finals retreat the way the Cavaliers did last year. Otherwise they have notย worn that traditional uni since the first half of 2015. It stings more with Cadets and a few others because they have such a long history and have worn that look for most of that time. It's been easier for other corps to move forward. Take Bluecoats. They never really had one standard look from day one. Their uniforms were constantly changing through the 70s, 80s, and 90s...well before the move to costumes. Same with Blue Devils. And there are many other examples.ย 

My suggestion to the Cadets would be to consider a slight name change. If the West Point-style uni is out for field competition purposes, perhaps consider another name. The Cadets sort of reflects a military nature. It could be as simple as adding a name in front of Cadets (like Garfield, but I know they are not moving back to New Jersey at this point), or it could be they come up with something completely new. They obviously do not have to do this.ย 

too much brand involved in the Cadets name, even after everything they've gone thru in the last several years.ย 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hrothgar15 said:

Five years. The final show the Cadets performed in Cadet uniforms was July 29, 2015 in Annapolis, MD. I saw the show the next day in Chester, but what I wouldn't have given to witness the endingย of this uniformย after 75 years (not like anyone in the stands realized it at the time).

Sorry for the error. I completely forgot that they had them for most of the season in 2015.ย 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hrothgar15 said:

I know it was just wishful thinking, but this one stings.ย ๐Ÿ˜”

Depending on how one treats 2011, this is the tally, right?

9.5 - Cadets championships using traditional uniform

0.5 - Cadets championships not using traditional uniform

• Like 2