Cadets confirm no return to West Point-style uniform ever

14 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Actually less fragile than the old days.....remember all the chafing?...lol

There are products for that now. Body glide or Chamois Butt'r. 

25 minutes ago, skevinp said:

It does look pretty fragile in some of the recent pants styles.

Bluecoats were stretching it thin. :lol:

2 hours ago, skevinp said:

Habiliments

If you mean 'habillement' or clothes, then you are correct.  It covers both costume and uniform.  Costume is a broader term, which includes  uniform as a subset.  If I were to wear an army uniform to a costume party it would be considered a costume.  I don't understand why costume is considered pejorative.  DC has always been donning costumes, they just happen to be military uniforms for the most part.😉

15 minutes ago, Bob P. said:

If you mean 'habillement' or clothes, then you are correct.  It covers both costume and uniform.  Costume is a broader term, which includes  uniform as a subset.  If I were to wear an army uniform to a costume party it would be considered a costume.  I don't understand why costume is considered pejorative.  DC has always been donning costumes, they just happen to be military uniforms for the most part.😉

I don’t know why it is either. We can only speculate as to why some people are so insistent on removing the term “uniform” from the modern day outfits of DCI performers. 

so caught up on this, went outside and checked...no the sky didn't fall

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I don’t know why it is either. We can only speculate as to why some people are so insistent on removing the term “uniform” from the modern day outfits of DCI performers. 

Sounds like me when I came back after a 10 year hiatus. “Wth are they called trumpet and tuba now?”. And that was before the key change.:::

2 hours ago, Cappybara said:

If you think most 17-21 year old young men are also clamoring to wear traditional "marching band" uniforms, you're most likely wrong about that too.

It's exhausting batting down all of your straw man arguments especially on a Sunday!  In 1974 I wouldn't have wanted to have worn whatever they did in 1934, so it's not a stretch to think the same holds true for the current generation.  That said, I believe that marketing a change of uniforms (as the Cadets have) to a "more modern costume" is a mistake and a turn-off to (most) 17 - 21 year old young men.  

From what I read most here disagree and some mock this notion.  That's fine too.  

On 8/1/2020 at 10:29 AM, Jurassic Lancer said:

(And the Aussie was bad ###).

Yes they were!!!  After we folded I wanted to wear one and play Crown Imperial.  We had family in Connecticut and it could have worked out, but ultimately decided to go to college and drink instead.  

• Haha 3