Cadets confirm no return to West Point-style uniform ever

1 hour ago, greg_orangecounty said:

It's exhausting batting down all of your straw man arguments especially on a Sunday!  In 1974 I wouldn't have wanted to have worn whatever they did in 1934, so it's not a stretch to think the same holds true for the current generation.  That said, I believe that marketing a change of uniforms (as the Cadets have) to a "more modern costume" is a mistake and a turn-off to (most) 17 - 21 year old young men.  

From what I read most here disagree and some mock this notion.  That's fine too.  

Understood, and yes agree to disagree 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Bob984 said:

Worst Uniforms in drum corps history - Page 13 - DCI World Class ...

1975 Madison Scouts - Final 1:00 - YouTube

And did any of the pictured performers have a problem with what they were wearing? If not... why are others speaking for them?

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

It's exhausting batting down all of your straw man arguments especially on a Sunday!  In 1974 I wouldn't have wanted to have worn whatever they did in 1934, so it's not a stretch to think the same holds true for the current generation.  That said, I believe that marketing a change of uniforms (as the Cadets have) to a "more modern costume" is a mistake and a turn-off to (most) 17 - 21 year old young men.  

From what I read most here disagree and some mock this notion.  That's fine too.  

wrong

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Frankly, at this point, I really do not care. I am more concerned about whether or not the activity on which I grew up, the activity that made me the man I am, will survive. When the dust settles, what and/or whom will be left? This pandemic has forced me to rethink things that are important, and leave behind all the traditional thinking. I will learn to enjoy life more and savor the little things. I just hope drum corps will still be one of those things I'm able to enjoy. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Just so you know, the first picture (there were TWO photos) I posted was  taken down...................it was there but just for a bit............

The remaining photo (Madison) has a caption above (worst uniforms in drum corps history...Page 13)....but

that is NOT for the Madison photo...................

I simply posted two photos, with no wording................why there was an edit/take down is beyond me...............