Cadets confirm no return to West Point-style uniform ever

3 hours ago, Hrothgar15 said:

I know it was just wishful thinking, but this one stings. 😔

"more modern costumes that MEMBERS CAN MOVE IN".................I guess some of the champion Cadets corps in the past were not "able to move".....could have fooled me, as it looked as though they moved as good or better than anyone that I saw last year.............more accurate is the word "costumes"............go to Allentown and ask many fans how much they like them, as opposed to uniforms.....I dare you.................I am cool with guards wearing whatever they want, but some of the garb/costumes that the musicians have wore in recent years I would prefer pajamas to....................ridiculous...................ok, maybe I am old, but I don't hear, "wow, what a great look" from too many folks......................when they had a uniformed Cadet at the souvenir stand a few years ago, that was the sharpest look I saw all night...................DCI continues to move toward "WGI OUTDOOR".................where you can come in 4th in music and still win a championship...............or win music and not even medal...................the Cadet uniform the last few years has been a joke..............(a bad one)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bob984 said:

"more modern costumes that MEMBERS CAN MOVE IN".................I guess some of the champion Cadets corps in the past were not "able to move".....could have fooled me, as it looked as though they moved as good or better than anyone that I saw last year.............more accurate is the word "costumes"............go to Allentown and ask many fans how much they like them, as opposed to uniforms.....I dare you.................I am cool with guards wearing whatever they want, but some of the garb/costumes that the musicians have wore in recent years I would prefer pajamas to....................ridiculous...................ok, maybe I am old, but I don't hear, "wow, what a great look" from too many folks......................when they had a uniformed Cadet at the souvenir stand a few years ago, that was the sharpest look I saw all night...................DCI continues to move toward "WGI OUTDOOR".................where you can come in 4th in music and still win a championship...............or win music and not even medal...................the Cadet uniform the last few years has been a joke..............(a bad one)

I wore those horrible wool uniforms of the past...much rather wear what they do today.as far as moving..it's not just marching around. With thats said, I think Blue C. win the award for best new unis in the past few years. IMO

The Cadet uniform was nice of course , and classic but like others movement and comfort is important.

I do think some are better than others, I guess it's a matter of taste BUT I also think there were some pretty nasty uniforms of the past too. Out of respect no dishonorable mentions..lol

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, GUARDLING said:

I wore those horrible wool uniforms of the past...much rather wear what they do today.as far as moving..it's not just marching around. With thats said,

What were the last Cadet type uni made out of? Wore wool cadet top 74-75... called it a bake oven....

1 hour ago, GUARDLING said:

I wore those horrible wool uniforms of the past...much rather wear what they do today.as far as moving..it's not just marching around. With thats said, I think Blue C. win the award for best new unis in the past few years. IMO

The Cadet uniform was nice of course , and classic but like others movement and comfort is important.

I do think some are better than others, I guess it's a matter of taste BUT I also think there were some pretty nasty uniforms of the past too. Out of respect no dishonorable mentions..lol

YEA! News | Page 152 | Youth Education in the Arts

Timeless..................................many people like trying many different foods.........but I still keep

coming back to a good steak and baked potato......always works, for me...............................

if you time it right, you only have the uniform top on for 25 minutes........................if we could do it,

they can still do it.....................(and the A/C didn' t work at all on our buses.....)

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Bob984 said:

Timeless..................................many people like trying many different foods.........but I still keep

coming back to a good steak and baked potato......always works, for me...............................

if you time it right, you only have the uniform top on for 25 minutes........................if we could do it,

they can still do it.....................(and the A/C didn' t work at all on our buses.....)

We didnt do 1/4 what they do today

and a constant diet of steak will kill ya....lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Bob984 said:

25 minute parades? 

If the top can be made of something that breathes and still looks the same, why stay with wool? Also like uniforms that don’t need a HAZMAT warning after a few uses or being rained on...