best drill outside of the top 6?

Blue Stars last year was fantastic. 

A second for Animal Farm too.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Blue Stars last year was fantastic. 

A second for Animal Farm too.  

Yes to Blue Stars.  Drill was terrific and fit the music.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2020 at 7:04 AM, kdaddy said:

It's probably been since finals night that I've seen that show, but I'll check it out. Who wrote the drill?

BREAKING: I watched last night, and I concur. The Animal Farm drill is indeed excellent. 

• Like 2

It was a challenging drill for that corps too given the arrangements they were playing.  I saw it midseason in Ft. Wayne when they'd just changed the 'block move' in the opener. People around me who'd been following the tour, as well as a judge in the box who voiced a bit loud, were "Oh!  That's a change!  It works well!"  

Having the G7 pop up got a number of giggles for those in the know.  The fence and the windmill they made were impressive.  Including the 3D stacked up people windmill during the ballad (not really drill, but a really effective visual move).

Edited by KVG_DC

14 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

It was a challenging drill for that corps too given the arrangements they were playing.  I saw it midseason in Ft. Wayne when they'd just changed the 'block move' in the opener. People around me who'd been following the tour, as well as a judge in the box who voiced a bit loud, were "Oh!  That's a change!  It works well!"  

Having the G7 pop up got a number of giggles for those in the know.  The fence and the windmill they made were impressive.  Including the 3D stacked up people windmill during the ballad (not really drill, but a really effective visual move).

The funny thing was, according to the drill writer, that the block move was always meant to be a place holder. It was never intended to be the final product.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

• 2 weeks later...

Blue Knights have had some good drill too. 

• Like 2