DCI World Championship Quarterfinals - Thursday, August 6, 2020

Our ETA to Indy is about noon, where we'll gather with friends for a deli lunch at Shapiros.

LOS Section 240, rows 5 and 6, seats 16 to 20 both rows, waving "Hi!" to my Friends friends I've been waving to for 40 years.

Looking up to section 440 to wave at my friend from the Blue corps.

Anxiously awaiting the end of the lunch break and the step-off of the first of three days' corps.

Edited by garfield
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Newseditor44 said:

Where would you be today? If you we're going, share your seat location. Share a photo from Quarterfinals past. We're you going to be at a theater? Hanging in the lot? Share your favorite Quarterfinals moment. 

For the past few years, I’ve been sitting in Section 140, Row 15, Seat 8. The same people sit behind me, in front of me. and on either side. I’m a Johnny Come Lately in this group. Some have been sitting together since the 1980’s. I got in this block about five years ago when a seat became available. 

What I enjoy most about prelims is that early in the day, there are lots of seats around me and the kids who march Open Class fill the seats for a while and love to talk about their summer. As the day goes on, people in the block begin to arrive and between corps we catch up on the past year, share what shows we’ve attended, and just have a great time. We also smile for the camera. At least one of us gets a text from someone in the movie theater that they saw us when the camera panned the crowd. 🎥

• Like 1

Flight usually arrives in Indy from Phoenix around 2:30ish. Get car rental then check in to hotel and shower. Get to Lucas Oil during the dinner break in time to see the last few groupings (usually top 15). 

First time not at Finals since 2004. Definitely depressing and surreal. DCI was definitely missed. Summer did go by quick. Only good thing is now we can hopefully look forward to 2021.

Just now, DFA1970 said:

I was planning on going this year to see if BD can win no. 20 in 2020. Oh well. 

Me and you both brother. 

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

The best coverage Flo has ever had

Too bad I can’t post a shot of my bigger tv.... 😷

Which international corps, if any (other than Canada's Stentors), were going to participate in DCI this year?

Was this the year Kidsgrove Scouts were going to come to DCI? One of my favorites. Aggressive and with something of an old-school flavor.

Wasn't there a group from Thighland that was going to attend a few years ago but then couldn't make it? The group that had used all the bicycles in their previous year's show?

• Like 1