DCI World Championship Quarterfinals - Thursday, August 6, 2020

At last year's Finals, we signed up for the 2020 FDCI/Super 3 Package tickets, so this year would have been our first in DCI seats.  Previously, we purchased Crown, Spirit, or PC block seats.

We would have driven up yesterday and probably gotten into Indy around 6-7 PM.  We would have been in Lucas Oil pretty early today as we like to see some of the early Open Class Corps (especially when Racine Scouts still fielded a Corps).  We would have been in Section 139 Row 19 Seats 5-6.

We would have ..... sigh!

• Sad 1

Looks like perfect weather for them to open the roof.

And it's forecast to be that way all three days, with no rain predicted until after 3 a.m. Sunday morning.

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

And it's forecast to be that way all three days, with no rain predicted until after 3 a.m. Sunday morning.

OMG, for the first time in 12 years.  Amazing.

Surely God is sending Dan Acheson a message.

😆

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Silly, they don't open the roof for band.  I mean, "it's just band".  :whistle:

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Which international corps, if any (other than Canada's Stentors), were going to participate in DCI this year?

Was this the year Kidsgrove Scouts were going to come to DCI? One of my favorites. Aggressive and with something of an old-school flavor.

Wasn't there a group from Thighland that was going to attend a few years ago but then couldn't make it? The group that had used all the bicycles in their previous year's show?

I think this might be the group I was thinking of, although the video I remember was outdoors and had more bicycles:

2 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Which international corps, if any (other than Canada's Stentors), were going to participate in DCI this year?

Was this the year Kidsgrove Scouts were going to come to DCI? One of my favorites. Aggressive and with something of an old-school flavor.

Wasn't there a group from Thighland that was going to attend a few years ago but then couldn't make it? The group that had used all the bicycles in their previous year's show?

I was looking forward to them. Rumor has it they were going to do a program honoring our national park system 😜

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

They sound like corpsemen I would have enjoyed seeing.  

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

roof will never open

4 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

roof will never open

hqdefault.jpg