DCI World Championship Quarterfinals - Thursday, August 6, 2020

5 hours ago, garfield said:

Wow!  They have Crown's sustains nailed!

that drone was #### distracting

16 hours ago, skevinp said:

They sound like corpsemen I would have enjoyed seeing.  

I've told the story before about how at the Massillon show in 2010, one of the sponsors was the Cavaliers, meaning the basketball team not the drum corps. This was just a month after "The Decision", and I think they were pretty concerned about sales falling now that LeBron James was going to Miami. While the scores were being tabulated, they brought out their mascot and a spokesman who talked up the team and launched t-shirts into the crowd. The spokesman clearly hadn't seen the performances and had no idea what it was all about, but he had a list of the participating corps and was under the impression that either the corps themselves or their fans were now seated in blocks in the stands, so as the t-shirt catapult was being variously aimed, he'd call out, "Where is the Santa Clara Vanguard corpse? ... Where is the Bluecoats corpse? ... Where is the Troopers corpse?" and so on. Lots of laughs at that flub. I like to think that someone found him later and explained it to him, and that he probably winced upon realizing his mistake, and since then he knows better.

Although I suppose it's possible that his friends and associates still insist that he was right, and that highly educated and cosmopolitan spokesmen like himself know that you're supposed to pronounce "corps" as "corpse," and to prove their case they point to the video of Brandt Crocker saying "Drum Corpse International" when he introduced Academy's show in 2016. (Which was, as it happens, the second time, and the last time to date, that I attended Finals in person.)

I was watching an interview with some program coordinators back in May. They were talking about how they hired a lighting consultant  to analyse the lighting at Lucas Oil and chose the colors used in their show based on that. So I am pretty after corps have spent money like that the roof is not going to open.

2 hours ago, totaleefree said:

I was watching an interview with some program coordinators back in May. They were talking about how they hired a lighting consultant  to analyse the lighting at Lucas Oil and chose the colors used in their show based on that. So I am pretty after corps have spent money like that the roof is not going to open.

All the more reason to do it. See who can overcome adversity the best.