Housing Issues pre-COVID???

One set of tracking data, all sourced to the CDC.

https://www.ftportfolios.com/common/contentfileloader.aspx?contentguid=7276eeb9-1b05-40f1-a50b-00b2eeedc2af

Obviously, housing issues won't end with a vaccine, but I wonder how long it will be before the plexiglass, masks, and Roadrunner "Stand Here" floor dots start filling up landfills.

And someone will produce a portable fogger that will be started when members are out on the field at first practice and again after they leave a school.  And on buses.

"...cleaner than when we got here" could still be the solution to staying in school facilities.

Edited by garfield
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Citation needed.

I have doubts any will be provided because I believe none exists.

But this mud has long been thrown by those who ignore the structural realities.

Edited by garfield

As OP if we can relate Coronavirus info to the topic (which is actually housing BEFORE Coronavirus) fine. Please don’t throw out statistics and links to where we supposedly are today....

11 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

No discredit meant to Hillsdale College, at all; by most accounts it's a solid liberal arts college with a storied history and it provides a great experience for its students. And it's in a charming little town, too (I passed through there once and stopped briefly while returning from a conference to the north). I was quite serious in praising their spirit of innovation, and I totally believe that their fogger works as described; I just wonder whether that actually makes a significant difference. Here's hoping it does. Also I absolutely agree that it may be entirely to drum corps' advantage to take such measures even if they are nothing more than theater. Appearances count for much, and if potential housing sites can be swayed by these things, by all means adopt them.

As for the limitations of Wikipedia, if someone has a better general free online encyclopedia that provides basic information on pretty much any subject, by all means point me to it. (Note that page identifies both some advantages and disadvantages of security theater.) Don't know whether it qualifies as news, though, fake or otherwise. In general, I find that when someone throws out the term "fake news," and I ask them to list some news sources they trust, I get no answer. For a lot of people, the term seems to mean "sources that report things I don't want to hear about, even if they're true," but I know you don't think that way and were just using it as a figure of speech.

(FWIW, my biggest gripe about the media is the tendency to "both sides" everything. Objectivity is not the same thing as neutrality.)

Great sentence.  

6 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

As OP if we can relate Coronavirus info to the topic (which is actually housing BEFORE Coronavirus) fine. Please don’t throw out statistics and links to where we supposedly are today....

Boys sleeping with girls, boys sleeping with boys, and girls sleeping with girls.

Controlling and containing "spit swapping" was an issue long before Covid, but Covid gave us plexiglass and dots that continue inside the school.

Edited by garfield

8 minutes ago, garfield said:

Boys sleeping with girls, boys sleeping with boys, and girls sleeping with girls.

Controlling and containing "spit swapping" was an issue long before Covid, but Covid gave us plexiglass and dots that continue inside the school.

Make a (imo) respectful request and..... 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Oh please.

Sorry, but I truly do not understand what your issue is.  Allow me to review and clarify.

Fred contends that some sort of 2021 tour is essential - so essential, in fact, that it is worth defying any acute housing challenge and turning the entire DCI activity into a G-7 to achieve it.  I contend that the pandemic may not permit drum corps touring in 2021, and therefore, the conversation must include a plan B where touring has to wait until 2022.

Are you with me so far?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, garfield said:

It wasn't the spit-swapping that could lead to long-term implications

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
further clarification and pontificating
  • Haha 1