Housing Issues pre-COVID???

5 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Subtitle: "The Coronavirus is here for the long haul..."  Haven't read it yet, but here's the link:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02278-5  🤧

Thank you for sharing the article. I hope you get well soon. 

As of today the MAC,B1G and PAC12  have all announced they are moving their fall sports to next Spring.

I'm sure more conferences will follow.

There's also talk of some high school conferences in NJ doing the same.

I would think that's going to make a lot of facilities unavailable for corps. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

As of today the MAC,B1G and PAC12  have all announced they are moving their fall sports to next Spring.

I'm sure more conferences will follow.

There's also talk of some high school conferences in NJ doing the same.

I would think that's going to make a lot of facilities unavailable for corps. 

Here in NJ, even if a conference does not cancel, individual school districts may. My old district, West Windsor-Plainsboro, has no fall sports at all.

8 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Here in NJ, even if a conference does not cancel, individual school districts may. My old district, West Windsor-Plainsboro, has no fall sports at all.

Well, Rutgers season record just improved. Undefeated in 2020!

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

What panic? 

Yep take it day by day and we each try to do the best we can not to add to the numbers. But hard to go back to normal (as much as possible) when people refuse to wear masks correctly (local store) or even wear one at all (cashier at local restaurant I will not be seeing again).

Just saw great line for the times in Marvel movie “Dr Strange”. Gist is the most simple and basic truth in the universe is “It’s not about you”. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GUARDLING said:

Or will continue when there is over 200 thousand dead and kids numbers keep climbing....

The numbers are always going to go up. If there are 100 people dead today it will not go down to 50 dead tomorrow.  

Also, keep in mind that every pandemic in human history has ended - even the really scary ones like Plague.  Yes, there are still cases, but it is not at pandemic levels.   Not anything close. & I’ll take Covid any day over Plague. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

The numbers are always going to go up. If there are 100 people dead today it will not go down to 50 dead tomorrow.  

Also, keep in mind that every pandemic in human history has ended - even the really scary ones like Plague.  Yes, there are still cases, but it is not at pandemic levels.   Not anything close. & I’ll take Covid any day over Plague. 

Sure it will end..........sometime... sorry I've been up close to this 3 times in a state claiming to have it under control.till it wasn't .Comparing this in 2020 to something happened then ,I think 1720? Anyway ,sure I'll take it too I guess but hard to tell that to those sick or dying or families who have lost someone. The difference now is that it is 2020  I suppose human arrogance, in many cases selfishness, and for sure ignorance is not exclusive to the past when there was a lot less information.in general.     Didn't the.Plague finally end by isolation? I could be wrong

Edited by GUARDLING

50 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Yep take it day by day and we each try to do the best we can not to add to the numbers. But hard to go back to normal (as much as possible) when people refuse to wear masks correctly (local store) or even wear one at all (cashier at local restaurant I will not be seeing again).

Just saw great line for the times in Marvel movie “Dr Strange”. Gist is the most simple and basic truth in the universe is “It’s not about you”. 

Amen brother!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Well, Rutgers season record just improved. Undefeated in 2020!

and Michigan didn't win a game!

• Sad 1