Housing Issues pre-COVID???

1 hour ago, rpbobcat said:

But,why wouldn't you count Spring training ?

Unless you foresee corps eliminating it completely.

I would think every corps needs some type of Spring training,before they go on tour.

Even 2 weeks,increases BDLDs to 70.

I also don't know how easy it will be to find places willing to accommodate a corps for an extended period

for Spring Training.

I think he was talking about DCI managing housing.  Anything prior to tour (like spring training) might still be arranged by individual corps, since their needs are more unique to their individual situations.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

But,why wouldn't you count Spring training ?

Unless you foresee corps eliminating it completely.

I would think every corps needs some type of Spring training,before they go on tour.

Even 2 weeks,increases BDLDs to 70.

I also don't know how easy it will be to find places willing to accommodate a corps for an extended period

for Spring Training.

I didn’t include spring training because I figured the Corps were in one location- so they don’t need a sleeper bus

14 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Question is will any plans from DCI be aimed towards corps survival or DCIs survival. And will corps plans for survival run counter to anything DCI comes up with.

well, DCI is the corps they always say

13 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

I continue to believe, even if just a few (8?) DCI-affiliated corps are able to conduct just one national tour leading to Indianapolis, all corps will benefit. Those corps who can perform locally, even if  just in concert, but who are unable to travel extensively during 2021, get a chance to re-group as best they can. Simply put, they will have something to come back to!

I have faith.

if only 8 can do anything, how does that help the others? corps, even on th Open Class level arent neighborhood corps anymore, so getting the band together to do a gig won't exactly be easy

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KeithHall said:

I don't think school districts (anywhere) will allow corps to stay or rehearse at their schools anymore. To much money to disinfect before, during and after. No housing and no rehearsal sites mean no more drum corps! I know this is not what you want to hear and some will attack me for saying this (I know there are more intelligent people out there) but I think it will cost to much money for the corps AND schools. Just ask some school districts and you'll get your answer.

if there's a vaccine i think schools will come back, though more costly. however even if a vaccine is there, it will take months to get everyone inoculated

8 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I didn’t include spring training because I figured the Corps were in one location- so they don’t need a sleeper bus

assuming they can get into places

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

well, DCI is the corps they always say

Was waiting for someone to say that like a TM mantra “DCIisthecorpsdciisthcoprs”.

that doesn’t say how many or which corps.... and if corps might have different idea...

Edited by JimF-LowBari

What if some states are more open to housing than others? Would DCI then be limited to tour only in the states that are more open? That is more along the lines of the regional tours. 

• Like 1

I don't know how reliable a source it is,but a friend of mine emailed an article from nature.com entitled "How The Pandemic Might Play Out In 2021 And Beyond".

He sent me text of the article,so  I can't link it.

But,if you go to www.nature.com and go to "explore our content",then click on "news" its there.

Its a very interesting article,just not very encouraging about either a 'long lasting" vaccine,or covid just 

going away.

1 hour ago, rpbobcat said:

I don't know how reliable a source it is,but a friend of mine emailed an article from nature.com entitled "How The Pandemic Might Play Out In 2021 And Beyond".

He sent me text of the article,so  I can't link it.

But,if you go to www.nature.com and go to "explore our content",then click on "news" its there.

Its a very interesting article,just not very encouraging about either a 'long lasting" vaccine,or covid just 

going away.

Subtitle: "The Coronavirus is here for the long haul..."  Haven't read it yet, but here's the link:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02278-5  🤧

Edited by keystone3ply
cx