Crossmen staff

8 hours ago, garfield said:

I don't believe that even his current level of giving would either support Crossmen alone or ruin him financially.  Total individual donations in 2019 were about $68,000.  Corporate in-kind donations totaled around $280,000.

Like most corps of Xmen's size, they run pretty much on member dues, a small stipend from DCI, even smaller financial donations, and a litany of in-kind revenue from mostly activity-related suppliers.  (They show an inventory of over $145,000 for drum heads!)  Of the $1.5mm +/- they spent to field 2019's show, about $825m came from member costs (tour fees, camp dues, etc), $350m came from contributions of cash and in-kind donations, and some misc income from events they held added about $150m more. 

They spent all but about $22m of their income in 2019.

In the notes, I see that Morrison has made half-a-dozen or so loans I'm presuming over the years, with the total owed back to Morrison (as of the 2019 filing) approx $150m.

His money may have brought them to Texas, but it's not kept them alive all these years.

My hunch is that, without him and his family, there will be some shoes to fill but, financially, they should be able to compete.  Financial support attributed to FM himself is small, and his relationships with vendors can certainly be groomed so long as they continue to attract members and play in the big sandbox.

no.....it wouldn't ruin him. but it could truly hurt the corps, especially if he wants a buyout. 

• Sad 1

This has nothing to do so much with the previous organization or money but more with the new management not being able to manage, be transparent and communicate to the staff about their plans for the future. The staff did not/does not trust the new management hence resignations left and right....

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, lifeisaround said:

This has nothing to do so much with the previous organization or money but more with the new management not being able to manage, be transparent and communicate to the staff about their plans for the future. The staff did not/does not trust the new management hence resignations left and right....

that would make sense

• Like 1

8 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Wait, what? I missed that point earlier. How much is the annual fee for participation, and how how much had Crossmen collected by March? I have a very hard time believing that Crossmen could justify just keeping that much. Most performing arts companies I know, whose primary "earned" income (as opposed to contributions) comes in the form of ticket sales, either for individual shows or for season-long subsriptions, took a three-pronged approach to customers who already had bought a ticket or a subscription for performances that were cancelled (or indefinitely postponed) due to the pandemic, in this order: (1) Would you like to donate your payment? (2) Would you like to roll your payment over to next season (or whenever the company is again able to perform)? and finally (3) Would you like your payment refunded?

It woud be unconscionable for Crossmen not to offer the third option to members, in my opinion.

That does seem high.  Wonder if that $1600 per member, times the number of members who prepaid dues, equals the $150,000 that would pay off the loans from Fred Morrison.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2020 at 10:17 AM, mfrontz said:

Sure, what's making finals anymore? :sarcasm:

I was really just giving my opinion on design- very forgettable imo I really missed the groove 

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

I was really just giving my opinion on design- very forgettable imo I really missed the groove 

I concur. I have no doubt that Andrew Markworth is a talented guy, but I'm unbothered that he isn't returning to Xmen. 

3 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I think we should hope that in 2021 we will be able to argue about design choices Crossmen, or any other Corps makes.

I miss disagreeing with strangers online in late June about what young adults walking around on a football field are doing. I'm going to have a lot of pent up opinions in 2021, so I too hope there's a season so I can release them...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, kdaddy said:

I miss disagreeing with strangers online in late June about what young adults walking around on a football field are doing. I'm going to have a lot of pent up opinions in 2021, so I too hope there's a season so I can release them...

i'm already pent up. i've thrown in old dvd's to look for new things to complain about

• Haha 2

On 8/12/2020 at 10:37 PM, N.E. Brigand said:

Wait, what? I missed that point earlier. How much is the annual fee for participation, and how how much had Crossmen collected by March? I have a very hard time believing that Crossmen could justify just keeping that much. Most performing arts companies I know, whose primary "earned" income (as opposed to contributions) comes in the form of ticket sales, either for individual shows or for season-long subsriptions, took a three-pronged approach to customers who already had bought a ticket or a subscription for performances that were cancelled (or indefinitely postponed) due to the pandemic, in this order: (1) Would you like to donate your payment? (2) Would you like to roll your payment over to next season (or whenever the company is again able to perform)? and finally (3) Would you like your payment refunded?

It woud be unconscionable for Crossmen not to offer the third option to members, in my opinion.

No reply to your "Wait, What?"

When I read that they kept $1,600 per member with no option for refunds. Is this confirmed information? Is there proof of this? I checked the corps website and none of the Covid Updates mention it. 

Whats a "subsriptions"? :lol:

Edited by E3D