Crossmen staff

On 8/17/2020 at 12:51 AM, Jeff Ream said:

to my knowledge everything that was not yet to be covered by fees ( auditions, fees or camps already held) was refunded or held by most everyone

I haven't seen any line items from anyone about what corps tuition covers and what other fundraising covers... perhaps some corps have released that? It also doesn't seem like something that would cause staff to leave. After all, i'm sure that money was used to pay staff that taught virtually all summer (whatever that looks like). 

That said, obviously there are going to be a lot of issues with things like this. Someone referenced club sports in MA. Colleges students are likely still paying athletics fees with their tuition payments when obviously there are no athletics right now, etc. This part of the mess is only just beginning.

3 hours ago, soccerguy315 said:

I haven't seen any line items from anyone about what corps tuition covers and what other fundraising covers... perhaps some corps have released that? It also doesn't seem like something that would cause staff to leave. After all, i'm sure that money was used to pay staff that taught virtually all summer (whatever that looks like). 

That said, obviously there are going to be a lot of issues with things like this. Someone referenced club sports in MA. Colleges students are likely still paying athletics fees with their tuition payments when obviously there are no athletics right now, etc. This part of the mess is only just beginning.

I’m not sure there will be published financial reports for the general public.  You’ll have to look for their non profit IRS filings.  I also don’t believe their was a lot of teaching going on this summer,  for most staffs; guard, drill.  Athletic fees at my Son and daughters school are buried in “additional student fees”.  Not expecting any kind of rebates there.  I’d like to think most corps have a handle on members fees by now, for the upcoming season but probably won’t do much until January. 

On 8/8/2020 at 1:15 AM, N.E. Brigand said:

[He's] not at [...] liberty to say anything [...]

When a story is really bad, one tries to cover it up by admitting to just part of it. Not saying that's what happened here (or at Mandarins, the other corps whose staffing has been discussed on DCP lately). Just noting one way in which scandal PR is sometimes managed. 

On 8/21/2020 at 11:38 PM, LabMaster said:

I’m not sure there will be published financial reports for the general public.  You’ll have to look for their non profit IRS filings.  I also don’t believe their was a lot of teaching going on this summer,  for most staffs; guard, drill.  Athletic fees at my Son and daughters school are buried in “additional student fees”.  Not expecting any kind of rebates there.  I’d like to think most corps have a handle on members fees by now, for the upcoming season but probably won’t do much until January. 

Yeah, even in the corps' 990, which is the only filing they're legally required to share, rebates owed to members would probably just be lumped in with all the organization's liabiliites.

Edited by N.E. Brigand

18 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Yeah, even in the corps' 990, which is the only filing they're legally required to share, rebates owed to members would probably just be lumped in with all the organization's liabiliites.

And even then, those won't be available until way after the fact, too. They're typically a full season behind because of when they get filed, any extensions, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

My former visual caption head at Glassmen, Mike Hardiek, is now interim director of operations and interim corps director at Crossmen. 

https://www.crossmen.org/post/interim-director-of-ops

• Like 1

On 8/17/2020 at 8:51 PM, Ghost said:

Have a non binding question put on the Nov. ballot if those who pay state taxes want their money used to bail out club sports teams, etc.  

So it passes, and the businesses in question just shut down and no one gets their refund AND the businesses aren't around post Covid. THAT would accomplish a lot.