1975 - What 'Could' Have Happened, But Didn't.

31 minutes ago, Continental said:

As this thread often focuses on Muchachos, let's have a view as to what their show was about in '75.

Hey I was there in the press box as we sponsored that day after DCI exhibition. Well kind of exhibition as “judged” by a machine that somehow measured audience reaction (as tabulated by a CPA). At least the CPA part was true as he played mellophone in our corps. 
Madison “won” and trophy was presented by looong time corps quartermaster. As trophy was being presented the CPA said “is (the QM) wearing his Troopers hat?”. He was 😆

15 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

On here - about 30 seconds in

I was 6...and there for the show

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Continental said:

As this thread often focuses on Muchachos, let's have a view as to what their show was about in '75.

ahhh the night after show in Hershey. i was there too

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

I was 6...and there for the show

I was 12...and in the show...how times change...

22 hours ago, Continental said:

So at Hershey afternoon after DCI, few hours before this show some of us talked to some Muchachos. No anger, just “it happened and it’s over”. One had aged out and was asked if he was going to join the Caballeros. Reply was “#### no I’m joining Skyliners. Sick of playing that Spanish crap”. 
And yes I know officially it’s Latin music but I’m quoting.... 🤣

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

So at Hershey afternoon after DCI, few hours before this show some of us talked to some Muchachos. No anger, just “it happened and it’s over”. One had aged out and was asked if he was going to join the Caballeros. Reply was “#### no I’m joining Skyliners. Sick of playing that Spanish crap”. 

But they threw in some Respighi to break things up! Lol . I guess you could make some sort of “Latin” connection with an Italian composer. Who decided upon some of these reps back in the day?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

But they threw in some Respighi to break things up! Lol . I guess you could make some sort of “Latin” connection with an Italian composer. Who decided upon some of these reps back in the day?

And coming back to corps in 2003 I just missed Cabs doing “1975 Muchachos” (or whatever the title was) in 2002. But have the CD... 

Last night listened to Westshoremen 1979 (my last year playing horn) because I couldn’t remember something. 2 songs from “Chorus Line”, 2 from “Man of La Mancha”, something from Pippen and “Sing, Sing, Sing as drum solos and concert of Kentons “Geanda Smoothie”. Yeah wth... 🤯

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

and he played Pines of Rome all summer LOL.

75 was the better corps, but i love the 74 show more.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

And coming back to corps in 2003 I just missed Cabs doing “1975 Muchachos” (or whatever the title was) in 2002. But have the CD... 

Last night listened to Westshoremen 1979 (my last year playing horn) because I couldn’t remember something. 2 songs from “Chorus Line”, 2 from “Man of La Mancha”, something from Pippen and “Sing, Sing, Sing as drum solos and concert of Kentons “Geanda Smoothie”. Yeah wth... 🤯

Got To Get To It and What I did for Love