Drum Corps in the Post-Covid World - What Role Does DCI Have?

8 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Yep, years back I asked why people didn’t try out for “lesser corps” if they didn’t make their dream corps. Most responses were “not worth the money” or “if I couldn’t march xxxx I didn’t want to march anywhere”. Never heard anyone say they wanted to march DCI just individual corps

We have to remember those of us who can remember back to the beginning. Kids today are not local to corps for the most part,kids today aren't starting very young and spending many years in a corps , mostly. Affording more than a year or 2 is even a stretch. Kids also have a lot more choices in life than we did . In a way it's a little sad because of many things missed that we had, although I would love to March in this age. It's also life in the fast lane for kids today. The good and bad of that.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Question after reading craigas post.

Do corps require members to have full set of vaccinations? See so much anti-vaxxing “stuff” I’m wondering

I'm not sure Jim.  I do know that in BAC the corps doctor takes vital signs etc at the beginning of move in to establish a base line so if they need to compare them should the member became ill at a later date they have that info on hand. I do know notything about vaxes.

3 minutes ago, craiga said:

I'm not sure Jim.  I do know that in BAC the corps doctor takes vital signs etc at the beginning of move in to establish a base line so if they need to compare them should the member became ill at a later date they have that info on hand. I do know notything about vaxes.

Thanks... reading “stuff” from people who claim CV vaccines will be used for evil purposes (not going to justify by giving examples) I was wondering about current vaccines and corps. And of course “experts” in popular culture claiming current vaccines are evil too. 🤮

14 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Just twice?

Not talking about it being inferred.... 😜

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Congratulations... with the response to this post you’ve joined the “you must be having personal issues” club.... I’ve been accused of it twice...

I'm very good at ignoring disparaging intent, not to mention the usual negative stereotypical traits such as ignorance and narrow-mindedness.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

wrong. the brand is BD, SCV, CRown....the names at the top and it's been that way for a long time.

The names at the top of what?

Oh, you mean the names at the top of the DCI standings?  Okay, I follow you.

Now, what was that about branding?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

I'm very good at ignoring disparaging intent, not to mention the usual negative stereotypical traits such as ignorance and narrow-mindedness.

I get a good laugh out of it, especially the mind reading...... gives me a chance to turn on my sarcastic side... And the person on dcp who has known me the longest has said “you do good sarcasm”

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

The names at the top of what?

Oh, you mean the names at the top of the DCI standings?  Okay, I follow you.

Now, what was that about branding?

DCI scores. 

Members of-------------------------------------- DCI. :muahaha:

• Haha 1