Drum Corps in the Post-Covid World - What Role Does DCI Have?

26 minutes ago, E3D said:

Full blown stretch. You could do better. :offtopic:

Last paragraph was fairly on topic but don’t think any corps or organizations can do anything about it. What I didn’t see was why people have left the cities and decrease in housing. Decrease in housing = buildings condemned or torn down and never rebuilt.

Harrisburg is a good example.... including loss of corps sponsor because the Post closed. (Thinking of Aurand Privateers Jeff....)

Edited by JimF-LowBari

6 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Last paragraph was fairly on topic but don’t think any corps or organizations can do anything about it. What I didn’t see was why people have left the cities and decrease in housing. Decrease in housing = buildings condemned or torn down and never rebuilt.

Harrisburg is a good example.... including loss of corps sponsor because the Post closed

The picture and the post are completely not relevant here in DCP. It's a not so clever use of troll craft. 

6 minutes ago, E3D said:

The picture and the post are completely not relevant here in DCP. It's a not so clever use of troll craft. 

Picture?  I only replied to what was posted and did not click the link

Edited by JimF-LowBari

33 minutes ago, Continental said:

Really? 

Why does everything always turn to the inane on here? 

I was trying to, and I think I actually succeeded in, relating NE's post to the thread, instead of coming right out and stating he was off-topic.  But sorry you thought it was silly.

It was a stretch, I'll admit.

Fixed

Edited by garfield

15 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Picture?  I only replied to what was posted and did not click the link

:lol: There was a picture with another post. I was getting overloaded on the trolling. 

I did not click on the link either it was a link to a political hack. 

Edited by E3D

20 minutes ago, E3D said:

Think we are talking about two different posts.... I was responding to the One Billion Americans (less people in the cities) one and didn’t quote it as only responded to last paragraph.... 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

39 minutes ago, garfield said:

I was trying to, and I think I actually succeeded in, relating NE's post to the thread, instead of coming right out and stating he was off-topic.  But sorry you thought it was silly.

It was a stretch, I'll admit.

Fixed

I never said it was silly.

However, it doesn't take a SpaceX rocket scientist to understand how A+B=C.   

It's been quiet here for a couple of weeks.  Few closed posts.  Lots of interesting discussion about the activity.   

I wish we could focus on drum corps.  

You add some very interesting commentary to that discussion.  We may be ideologically on different paths, but it doesn't mean that you comments are ignored.  

I keep that in mind.  Years ago you posted a complete analogy on 990s here.  So many read every single thing you posted and still bring them up. 

I'm not even in your country and still refer back to that your analysis.   You gave such insight into how the US taxation system works for non-for profits. 

Edited by Continental

19 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Dream big! I'm dreaming of crowds like this (taken earlier today in another country) outside stadium entrances trying to get in and see drum corps:

EfkCaauXkAUoscl?format=jpg&name=small

(A drum corps coincidence: in the background I have Youtube randomly playing, and it happened to pull up "Autumn Leaves", albeit by Vince Guaraldi not Bluecoats.)

Weak really Weak use of this picture.