Drum Corps in the Post-Covid World - What Role Does DCI Have?

DCM pay was based on the score corps received at the DCM championship prelims.  I can't remember the breakdown but perhaps someone does.

4 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

well the loss of community organization backed corps didn't help...the churches, veterans groups, CYO's, PAL's etc. But the membership base wasn't exactly right around the corner in those DCA corps you mentioned for decades. All 3 drew from all over NY, PA, down to MD, Ohio, other parts of the Northeast and even Canada.

I'd be curious to see some numbers about what percentage of any given corps lives within 25 miles, 50 miles, 100 miles, etc., and particularly how those numbers changed over time.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I'd be curious to see some numbers about what percentage of any given corps lives within 25 miles, 50 miles, 100 miles, etc., and particularly how those numbers changed over time.

I like the idea of determining the “most local” world class corps. I think it would be a toss-up between Colts, Genesis or Jersey Surf. 

6 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

I like the idea of determining the “most local” world class corps. I think it would be a toss-up between Colts, Genesis or Jersey Surf. 

Anyone think Music City might qualify?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Had a conversation years ago when Jeff Fiedler first arrived at Vanguard. He told us Cavaliers started their percussion ensemble to allow for local participation with the hope that it may lead to eventual participation in Cavaliers. Said the corps really needed to build local membership. He said that the Cavaliers not only didn’t have a member from Rosemont that season, but didn’t even have a member from the Sate of Illinois. Went on to say they should be called the Texas Cavaliers. Me and Stephan were surprised to say the least. Who would have thought the Cavaliers wouldn’t have at least one person from Illinois. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

i'll go with Surf

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

I would guess the Seattle Cascades-I think they are still World Class.

• Like 1