Drum Corps in the Post-Covid World - What Role Does DCI Have?

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

wow given that i looked for one finals week, thats great! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Continental said:

I never said it was silly.

However, it doesn't take a SpaceX rocket scientist to understand how A+B=C.   

It's been quiet here for a couple of weeks.  Few closed posts.  Lots of interesting discussion about the activity.   

I wish we could focus on drum corps.  

You add some very interesting commentary to that discussion.  We may be ideologically on different paths, but it doesn't mean that you comments are ignored.  

I keep that in mind.  Years ago you posted a complete analogy on 990s here.  So many read every single thing you posted and still bring them up. 

I'm not even in your country and still refer back to that your analysis.   You gave such insight into how the US taxation system works for non-for profits. 

It's OK!  I REALLY don't intend to trigger people.

I like the word inane and, if it's not what you meant, please correct it if you care (I don't mind if you don't).

Search Results

Dictionary:

in·ane

/iˈnān/

adjective

silly; stupid.

"don't constantly badger people with inane questions"  [EDIT: or posts, as it raises the mods ire]

Similar:

silly

foolish

stupid

fatuous

idiotic

absurd

ridiculous

ludicrous

2 minutes ago, garfield said:

It's OK!  I REALLY don't intend to trigger people.

I like the word inane and, if it's not what you meant, please correct it if you care (I don't mind if you don't).

Search Results

Dictionary:

in·ane

/iˈnān/

adjective

silly; stupid.

"don't constantly badger people with inane questions"  [EDIT: or posts, as it raises the mods ire]

Similar:

silly

foolish

stupid

fatuous

idiotic

absurd

ridiculous

ludicrous

Thanks

I think "inane" is a good descriptor for what we see on here.  Life for most right now is inane. 

This is not a criticism for posters on here.  We live in extraordinary times.   

Edited by Continental
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Continental said:

I never said it was silly.

However, it doesn't take a SpaceX rocket scientist to understand how A+B=C.   

It's been quiet here for a couple of weeks.  Few closed posts.  Lots of interesting discussion about the activity.   

I wish we could focus on drum corps.  

You add some very interesting commentary to that discussion.  We may be ideologically on different paths, but it doesn't mean that you comments are ignored.  

I keep that in mind.  Years ago you posted a complete analogy on 990s here.  So many read every single thing you posted and still bring them up. 

I'm not even in your country and still refer back to that your analysis.   You gave such insight into how the US taxation system works for non-for profits. 

Thank you for the compliments and let me reassure you that I'm the exact same person now as then.

Yes, I've seen several threads closed for bickering that I wasn't even contributing to; it's the nature, I think.

I'm not a rocket scientist but I'm still not sure what your A+B=C is referring to, but don't feel compelled to explain.  The topic is DCI in the post-Covid drum corps world, not Belarus, political writers, or immigration unless they relate to drum corps.  I was literally trying to be accommodating to a very prodigious poster (NEBrigand).

I find the question intriguing (if worthy of its own thread): what of "importing" musicians to fill the ranks?  Isn't that what's supposed to be incubating in SoundSport?

5 minutes ago, garfield said:

I'm not a rocket scientist but I'm still not sure what your A+B=C is referring to, but don't feel compelled to explain. 

A comment (A), leads to a reply (B) that leads to an unleashing of opinion (C).

C usually leads to D.  D is the moderators getting involved. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, E3D said:

Weak really Weak use of this picture. 

If you look really close, you can see lots of social distancing going on in the pic, which maybe helps explain why CNN reported it only being 50,000.

Still, that would be a great attendance at ANY drum corps show!

Just now, Continental said:

A comment (A), leads to a reply (B) that leads to an unleashing of opinion (C).

C usually leads to D.  D is the moderators getting involved. 

Roger.

"D" is where you get put on notice and "F" is when you get the boot.

Let's try to stay on A's and B's and I really don't care if "C"s are thrown out!  It is a discussion thread after all!

(And capital D rhymes with P and that stands for POOL!)

1 minute ago, garfield said:

Roger.

"D" is where you get put on notice and "F" is when you get the boot.

Let's try to stay on A's and B's and I really don't care if "C"s are thrown out!  It is a discussion thread after all!

I think the moderators would prefer that we stay at (B).

I'm sure they are having tremendous moderator parties (masks included)  where topics of the day are discussed ensuring social distancing - with the abstinence of alcohol while consuming copious amounts of diet Dr. Pepper.  It's the moderators on DCP that are causing the shortage of that soft drink. 

20 minutes ago, garfield said:

Oh don’t plant that song in my head, too early in the day....