Does no WGI = no DCI for 2021 (Hypothetical)?

Just now, IllianaLancerContra said:

Keeping the wife happy is a US Constitutional issue - "....preserve domestic tranquility'. 

then listen to her complain about me when i get the flu and complain LOL

43 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i get the flu shot every year...and end up getting the flu anyways. but it keeps my employer and wife happy

And getting the flu may be the lesser of two evils... other evil having the wife mad at you 😖

Have a check up appt end of September. Will see what I get told this year about flu shot. While I sit there and keep telling myself “she studied at UPMC and interned at Jefferson, she only LOOKS like a high school student teacher”. 🤯

edit: Dr D is very knowledgeable, able to get the info across to you and actually listens. Pure luck we found this one....

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Regarding vaccination, this by Penn & Teller is accurate (I show it to my Biology classes when we get to the subject of vaccination).  It has strong language

from the get-go, but makes a good point.

No one on the forum is anti - vax 

The polling data for the group that do not want to get the covid vaccine if it comes available is interesting. 

The list of prominent celebrities people who are anti-vaxxers is troubling. Some have changed their tune since March? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i get the flu shot every year...and end up getting the flu anyways. but it keeps my employer and wife happy

The one I received yesterday, means another one late December, early January.

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

I've gotten the flu shot every year at school for at least the past 15 years.  I did catch the flu 3 years ago & was told by my Doc that they guessed the wrong strain that season.  I guess it's an educated guess as to what strains are included in the vaccine.  But it was miserable.  I'm asking the nurses for a double or triple this fall when they come for our annual health screening.   🤧    :guinesssmilie: 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

23 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

I did catch the flu 3 years ago & was told by my Doc that they guessed the wrong strain that season.  I guess it's an educated guess as to what strains are included in the vaccine.  

That’s what the way too young looking doctor told us. Part of the problem is it takes a while to make the huge number of doses needed so the process starts before flu season really arrives. And sometimes your area is just weird and gets a different strain than most of the country 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

I've gotten the flu shot every year at school for at least the past 15 years.  I did catch the flu 3 years ago & was told by my Doc that they guessed the wrong strain that season.  I guess it's an educated guess as to what strains are included in the vaccine.  But it was miserable.  I'm asking the nurses for a double or triple this fall when they come for our annual health screening.   🤧    :guinesssmilie: 

It seems the US tracks what's happening during the Winter season in Australia/New Zealand (which is going on now) and base their production on that.  It does take awhile to  produce the vaccine.  That bad flu season a couple of years back had a strain different from what they saw from the other countries.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

i ask my doctor for a double every visit, but he says he can't do that while he's working

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Ghost said:

It seems the US tracks what's happening during the Winter season in Australia/New Zealand (which is going on now) and base their production on that.  It does take awhile to  produce the vaccine.  That bad flu season a couple of years back had a strain different from what they saw from the other countries.

Yup & I was an 'instant winner'.  That's the first flu I've had in many years & it kicked my buttocks as I am older.  I told my wife to just "take me out".  I really felt like a 'dead man walking". 🤧