Does no WGI = no DCI for 2021 (Hypothetical)?

29 minutes ago, Continental said:

HUMC gave me Morphine 15 minutes after I arrived at the emergency.  I had been suffering intense pain since the morning (after thinking I had food poisoning for a day) and suddenly it was all gone thanks to Morphine.

After a very quick cat-scan, the doctor came in and said that I had appendicitis and that I would be operated on that day as soon as possible.   It was only when I was operated on that they saw that the appendix had ruptured.

I asked him, "Can I fly back to Canada to have it taken care of by the doctors there?"

His answer "No - you will die. "

Sometime I will tell the story of both of my appendectomies 

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

yet more schools are starting virtually

Jeff - I think what’s actually happening is, no one has any confident idea what to do. As a result, many schools are trying to please everyone. Around here, they are asking parents to make one of three choices. Pick in-person, online, or a combination of both. Then, there’s still the option to homeschool the kids. This fourth option continues to grow, by the way.

In Pennsylvania, every option includes the right for the student to participate in traditional school activities with other students who are reporting to school every day.

As a retired public school teacher, but one who never was a parent, my choice in this situation would be to homeschool the student for the coming year until this is better sorted out. Current public school teachers are going to spend a great deal of class time dealing with discipline matters over masks, distancing, etc. Ask your wife!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

The problem is that politics is now a part of Covid-19.  And politics ruins everything it touches. 

Money is also involved.  Always follow the money.

Example - I know of an individual who (in March) presented to the ER on a Friday.  Was diagnosed with stage 4 leukemia (this was a new diagnosis).  He was admitted, but he deteriorated and died the following Monday of leukemia.  After he passed, they did a Covid test, and he tested positive.  And it reported as a Covid case because the hospital gets $$ for every Covid case they see.  But, the definition of what is a Covid-19 case/death has varied over time and has varied state-to-state.  

In 10 years, (assuming that we all haven't died of Covid by then) there will be a big data drill to look at all the cases & deaths & figure out what actually happened.  But it is almost impossible while we are in the midst of the pandemic to do this kind of evaluation.  

In late June my brother feel asleep smoking on his couch and it caught fire.

He had third degree burns over 60% of his body and severe smoke inhalation,that was made worse by his Emphysema.

He only lasted a few hours.

No question what he died from.

Since there was a fire,they had to do an arson investigation and autopsy.

But,for the $$$$$ reason stated above,when the hospital did their autopsy,they also did a  postmortem Covid test.

Edited by rpbobcat
  • Sad 2

We delivered both kids to colleges this week.

One is doing marching band - practice started last night.  Their football season is cancelled, but the band directors know that music majors can make music and learn.  They intend to do a field performance, tape it in the stadium, and broadcast it out to the students.

The other is doing shooting sports.  Now 14 shooters on the shotgun team from all around the US (and one from London).  Practice started yesterday.

Life will find a way to return to "normal", even if it's a different normal.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

Watch how fast that changes, as it is with many schools re-opening then reversing. 

yip, here's how it'll go:

Plan A open in some form, full time or hybrid

OH #### OH #### OH ####

Plan B go virtual

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

No back to the idea that if schools (includes WGI and MB) want to get back to some sort of normal as soon as possible, EVERYBODY (pardon me RAMD folks) has to do their part. If they would have ignored distancing that would have been in my vent too

I get it. Have you seen this?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, E3D said:

I get it. Have you seen this?

I can find articles going from 0 to almost totally helpful so I don’t bother reading, watching or discussing. If there is ANY chance they might help then they should be worn where social distancing might not occur...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Meanwhile Dallastown, PA (between Harrisburg and MD state line) HS band members have been asked to self quarantine because of possible exposure at band 

Update: now school superintendent suggesting Dallastown go to online. “State guidelines and mandates not practical for district of 6000 students” (no details). And district right next to Harrisburg had a CV outbreak with the football team. 😫

Edited by JimF-LowBari

2 hours ago, E3D said:

Sorry that you were triggered by the "get a handle on it" statement but that is exactly what restaurants and businesses do when they get either one person or many with the virus. In some cases they shut down for 2 weeks and have the place cleaned and disinfected. It has happened to a restaurant I order from and it happened to an office building that was being built out, one of the trades got the virus. They shut the job site down and everyone were tested, site was cleaned and they returned to work. 

Why can't schools work in the same manner? What is different about the schools? On the job site I mentioned there were at the very least over 100 workers in and out of 2 floors where the square footage per person was similar to a classroom that has been spaced out. The bands can then get back to practice and getting the arts and academic education they need. Not to mention the social health aspects. 

Not sure who the "arragance" arrogance? and irresponsibility comment is directed. 

You cant see the difference?  The arrogance is visable daily on TV watched it at some gathering yesterday little masks, shoulder to shouder..planned..I actually dont have a problem with it as long as thosepeople stay away and God forbid get sick get to the back of the line at the ER