Does no WGI = no DCI for 2021 (Hypothetical)?

Here’s the real problem that is affecting everyone’s reactions, a huge number a qualified and reputable medical professionals have gone on record with vastly different views than what any one of us believe. I spend a considerable amount of time every day in research. A strong case can be made for whatever direction one prefers.

I’m also considered in a high risk group, do wear a mask wherever requested. I’m just not as concerned about the level of danger as many seem to be.  I choose to remain positive about a ‘fix’ to all of this. Way too much confusion surrounds this episode, for sure.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Continental said:

I had an unexpected 8-day stay at the Hackensack University Medical Center when my appendix decided to rupture while visiting a client.   It was a great hospital, the staff were amazing. 

During my stay I was given Percocet.   When I wasn't seeing pink elephants, I started asking medical personnel if they had heard of the Garfield Cadets or the Cadets of Bergen County.

I'm sure they all thought I was imagining their existence.  They would smile and move away.   The Cadets of Bergen County also moved away.  Do you see the correlation?

Did you ask them about Star of Indiana?  They were the ones with the pink elephants.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Update: now school superintendent suggesting Dallastown go to online. “State guidelines and mandates not practical for district of 6000 students” (no details). And district right next to Harrisburg had a CV outbreak with the football team. 😫

Upper Dauphin and Millersburg....tiny schools where there's more critters than people going online now

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Hybrid is the polite term for *astard

hybrid is the term for having a plan between what both sides want

2 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

Here’s the real problem that is affecting everyone’s reactions, a huge number a qualified and reputable medical professionals have gone on record with vastly different views than what any one of us believe. I spend a considerable amount of time every day in research. A strong case can be made for whatever direction one prefers.

I’m also considered in a high risk group, do wear a mask wherever requested. I’m just not as concerned about the level of danger as many seem to be.  I choose to remain positive about a ‘fix’ to all of this. Way too much confusion surrounds this episode, for sure.

I can agree with most of what you say. My question to others (not here in general) then why not air or err ( which is it..lol) on the side of caution 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

well if politicians of all flavors would stay the #### out of it and listen to science we'd be better off. she;'s well aware she could bring it home to her husband who is technically high risk

This has been a hot topic of discussion on local talk radio.

There doesn't seem to be any  disagreement that, if a teacher has a legitimate  reason to not 

teach in per person,they should be accommodated.

There was also no disagreement that,with very rare exceptions,in this area at least,remote learning 

was a disaster for  kids at all grade levels and especially for kids with disabilities.

So the issue becomes, how to best have "in person"  learning for the kids.

One idea is if the teacher must teach remotely,have  the kids in class with a "proctor".

With toady's technology,including electronic white boards,it should address both safety and the 

needs of the students.

2 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

This has been a hot topic of discussion on local talk radio.

There doesn't seem to be any  disagreement that, if a teacher has a legitimate  reason to not 

teach in per person,they should be accommodated.

There was also no disagreement that,with very rare exceptions,in this area at least,remote learning 

was a disaster for  kids at all grade levels and especially for kids with disabilities.

So the issue becomes, how to best have "in person"  learning for the kids.

One idea is if the teacher must teach remotely,have  the kids in class with a "proctor".

With toady's technology,including electronic white boards,it should address both safety and the 

needs of the students.

I do think there has to be an answer one way or another and there will be issues either way. I guess some will eventually have to decide whats worth a risk and how great a risk. As far as the topic, schools and school activities will with no doubt at all effect WGI and DCI

4 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

which is why imo we should not think we have really turned the corner by some places scheduling fall sports or MB. Things can change way too quickly. 

On an aside talked to my sister in law who is 1 or 2 years from retirement from elementary school teaching in a rural PA district. Their district has decided to go to full in school classes. Think part of the reason is lack of PCs and internet access in some of the boonier areas. Other part is some board members were elected to run things on a shoestring and this is cheapest. SiL husband is two time cancer and major heart attack survivor and don’t think his immune system is 100%. Her retirement date is based on when he can go on Medicare and off her school insurance which ends when she retires. Reason why when I hear “well if kids get it they are not really affected” pisses me off. 😥

Why should you be upset to hear that?  It would be far more upsetting to hear that kids were likely to get seriously ill.

Now if someone suggested that your sister-in-law should have no choice in the matter, or no precautions/PPE, or no retirement, etc., then it is time to get peed off.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Why should you be upset to hear that?  It would be far more upsetting to hear that kids were likely to get seriously ill.

Now if someone suggested that your sister-in-law should have no choice in the matter, or no precautions/PPE, or no retirement, etc., then it is time to get peed off.

Problem is after the kids are mentioned... NOTHING is said about the adults that are around the kids and could be exposed. In other words those pieces are totally ignored and the entire picture is not discussed. For some people they probably aren’t thinking and for some I have the idea that it’s ye olde “don’t say anything that makes my opinion look bad”.

As for retirement.... would mean second mortgage to pick up hubbies medical insurance for two years with his pre-existing conditions. Yes they have to cover him but that doesn’t mean you can afford it.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

12 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

I can agree with most of what you say. My question to others (not here in general) then why not air or err ( which is it..lol) on the side of caution 

Ha!  it’s err.  Agree, though, with your suggestion. Although, I prefer that choice to be a personal decision. I have no problem with anyone who does not comply with recommendations, I can choose to keep distance from them, shop someplace else, etc. 

• Like 2