Does no WGI = no DCI for 2021 (Hypothetical)?

25 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

So saying how bad it would be if nothing was done is a bad thing? I dealt with numbers and different scenarios with my job. Hearing best and worst case possibilities is not such a wrong thing. IMO it gives a better understanding where we are currently

Just want to add I want the govt to be open with all CV info. Scary or not...

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Speaking of precautions, this fact I just learned is so weird I have to share it: did you know it's been legal since 1955 to send live venomous scorpions through the mail? As long as they're only sent via ground, and only in a special kind of container-within-a-container packaging, and with both the inner and outer container clearly marked "live scorpions," and only if they're being mailed as part of a medical research or antivenin production project. I had no idea!

Came across that while reading up on the current mail debacle, which some people in this thread were referencing in the past couple days. The delivery backlog has appparently resulted in a number of dead animals piling up in mail distribution centers; they were live animals when they were dropped off at the post office and they were supposed to arrive live at their destination. Mostly chicks and crickets, it seems. Anyway, carry on.

Here in Arizona, I’m willing to bet that at least one scorpion is in the overhead bin on some outbound flight every single day.  They like to crawl into things.  

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/17/2020 at 5:59 PM, JimF-LowBari said:

When does the DCI audition process start?

november but those can be handled online easily - most of the corps are almost full for 2021 with contracted 2020 members who carried over their contract an in-person January or February  brass camp is probably the next big hurdle

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Just want to add I want the govt to be open with all CV info. Scary or not...

a lot of inflated data, esp case count, here in MD estimated to be 40% inflated "cases" are positive tests not individuals 

3 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

a lot of inflated data, esp case count, here in MD estimated to be 40% inflated "cases" are positive tests not individuals 

It seems like multiple tests per individual would be a common occurrence.  If you test positive and go into isolation, you would probably want to get a another test  after symptoms subside so you know it is safe to come out.

1 hour ago, Continental said:

I bet no Sea Monkeys ever died in the mail. 

They always took a long time to deliver, but once you added water it meant hours and hours of tremendous fun disappointment for the whole family. 

Reminds me of a South Park episode I can in no way elaborate on here.  

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, skevinp said:

It seems like multiple tests per individual would be a common occurrence.  If you test positive and go into isolation, you would probably want to get a another test  after symptoms subside so you know it is safe to come out.

my friend tested positive, hospital gave him two more test to verify = three "cases"

Edited by George Dixon

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

So saying how bad it would be if nothing was done is a bad thing? I dealt with numbers and different scenarios with my job. Hearing best and worst case possibilities is not such a wrong thing. IMO it gives a better understanding where we are currently.

Giving best and worst is not saying what they think will happen, just the range. No idea why this should not be released 

This was not just "if government does nothing".  That number was predicated on nobody changing their behavior while 2,200,000 of them die in a pandemic... an impossible scenario.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

This was not just "if government does nothing".  That number was predicated on nobody changing their behavior while 2,200,000 of them die in a pandemic... an impossible scenario.

I understood it to include if general population does nothing. I remember some briefings even saying that. Still don’t see an issue in saying it out loud as long as everyone realizes the details.