Does no WGI = no DCI for 2021 (Hypothetical)?

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

actually the schools win. the ones that host camps, rehearsal days and shows. And what they decide for their facilities decides what happens to the activity at large. 

Which in the end will be driven by the teachers unions and the lawyers. So Garfield is correct.

1 hour ago, dans said:

Which in the end will be driven by the teachers unions and the lawyers. So Garfield is correct.

you forget parents. not every school district is anti mask send the kids back at all costs.

1 hour ago, dans said:

Fear is that something this important has been politicized, and the mainstream media is desperately trying to control the narrative.

when you're considered high risk, you take it seriously. no offense, but i'm not ready to be done giving you #### on here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

when you're considered high risk, you take it seriously. no offense, but i'm not ready to be done giving you #### on here.

The challenge is being convincing that everyone is "at risk", which is why "asymptomatic" is such a brilliant solution to defining who is a danger. 

Virtually everyone is classified "at risk" in one way or another.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, garfield said:

I don't know any that ARE that!

Do you?  

Is this an east coast thing like case-concentration?

Must be because I don't know any that ARE either. 

About DCI and housing and WGI - More for DCI , It would be proactive if DCI attempted to set a schedule for next year right now. Get a commitment of however many shows they can put together. Then the DCI and the corps could start trying to work out a housing plan. You could start speaking to schools that you have used in the past. Dialog would be good right now so you could start the relationships needed to try and start up a season again. 

East coast case-concentration was over the top. Sadly we know about the mortality rates also. 

4 minutes ago, E3D said:

Must be because I don't know any that ARE either. 

About DCI and housing and WGI - More for DCI , It would be proactive if DCI attempted to set a schedule for next year right now. Get a commitment of however many shows they can put together. Then the DCI and the corps could start trying to work out a housing plan. You could start speaking to schools that you have used in the past. Dialog would be good right now so you could start the relationships needed to try and start up a season again. 

East coast case-concentration was over the top. Sadly we know about the mortality rates also. 

And make all of that, largely, public so show momentum, planning, and optimism.

• Like 1