Does no WGI = no DCI for 2021 (Hypothetical)?

16 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i'm higher risk than most. i'd prefer not to die.

i just spoke to a social worker who goes house to house for those disabled in FL.she said since schools have now gone back as well as other kid based activities, she said many of her patients she sees now have covid and many in hospitals due to it  being brought back into the house. Im very sure a new phase of information is coming.I think it's more about the debate on transmission

Edited by GUARDLING

11 minutes ago, E3D said:

"I'm not ready to be done giving you #### on here"

yes. it was humor. i have known his family since birth. his dad and my dad marched together before DCA even had a championship.

9 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

they spread it...look at more and more colleges and high schools.

Which means they can't go home to the Grandparents. Reality sucks. 

Back in the 80's my Father was dying from Lung Cancer and Emphysema - when either my sister or I caught a cold at school, we did not go back home. If you have parents that are high risk then having your kids go into school is not a good idea. The majority of kids and parents do not fall into the high risk category. Which seems to me they should be getting back at it. Just like the rest of the world. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, E3D said:

Which means they can't go home to the Grandparents. Reality sucks. 

Back in the 80's my Father was dying from Lung Cancer and Emphysema - when either my sister or I caught a cold at school, we did not go back home. If you have parents that are high risk then having your kids go into school is not a good idea. The majority of kids and parents do not fall into the high risk category. Which seems to me they should be getting back at it. Just like the rest of the world. 

yeah well i'm just a parent who be responsible for schooling on the virtual day. Yay me.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

There are 3 factors at work here:  Emotion, Science & Politics. 

Covid is an emotional subject with a scientific solution, and with political decisions (Teacher unions fall under politics).

Ideally all three factors are aligned, but, two factors can overcomer the third.  Science & politics can over emotion.  Emotion & politics can overcome science.  And science and emption can overcome politics.  

Thank you for stating your views without insulting me...I appreciate your tone. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

yes. it was humor. i have known his family since birth. his dad and my dad marched together before DCA even had a championship.

If that was intended as humor, don't ever quit your day job for a career in comedy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, E3D said:

The virus for sure will still be around then. I just hope the nonsense of needless shutdowns and mask debates will have ended.

Yes, the virus will still exist in 2023. But if most people have been vaccinated, then there won't be a need for shutdowns.

Mask wearing is probably going to become more regular, though.

30 minutes ago, skevinp said:

It sounded bad when I first read it, but I think it was just a light-hearted way of saying he hopes to remain alive.  

And, in your typical style, I now understand that viewpoint makes lots of sense.

Hope you're feeling better?