Does no WGI = no DCI for 2021 (Hypothetical)?

2 hours ago, dans said:

If that was intended as humor, don't ever quit your day job for a career in comedy.

I did not know you knew of or had a previous real world acquaintance with them. I certainly did not think it was humor and now you also confirm it did not seem to be humor. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, garfield said:

The challenge is being convincing that everyone is "at risk", which is why "asymptomatic" is such a brilliant solution to defining who is a danger. 

Virtually everyone is classified "at risk" in one way or another.

It's true that A LOT of people have conditions that put them at higher risk of complications from Covid-19.

• Like 1

Maybe a little ray of hope from a nasal spray being developed at UAB?  Add a 4th semi to haul cases of the nasal spray on the 2021 tour.  Take a hit every morning with breakfast?  No?  :unsure: 

https://www.al.com/news/2020/08/alabama-research-into-nasal-spray-vaccine-for-coronavirus-posts-promising-results.html?utm_campaign=aldotcom_sf&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR2jdYqIOFzdSw_lhXkt7mphB3DnmFBR-x1xeZlZGY8yME1pwHl6RW5uFB8

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

5 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

yes. it was humor. i have known his family since birth. his dad and my dad marched together before DCA even had a championship.

Sorry that I took your comment the wrong way...my apologies. And I'm sorry to hear that you are high risk. That certainly changes the way that one looks at this virus. 

8 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Some news on this front:

Great news. 

Then again as you say it is still out there on the planet. Even the W.H.O waste of time claims it still poses a threat and right here in the Homeland the CDC says the same. 

https://www.cdc.gov/polio/what-is-polio/polio-us.html

Science. 

Hope is out there if you want to believe it. Vaccine's will help and for certain there will be treatments that help. I think we already see that treating the disease now as compared to march and april has changed dramatically. 

Edited by E3D
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, E3D said:

Great news. 

Then again as you say it is still out there on the planet. Even the W.H.O waste of time claims it still poses a threat and right here in the Homeland the CDC says the same. 

https://www.cdc.gov/polio/what-is-polio/polio-us.html

Science.

Hope is out there if you want to believe it. Vaccine's will help and for certain there will be treatments that help. I think we already see that treating the disease now as compared to march and april has changed dramatically. 

This line of discussion goes back to you claiming that we can't beat disease.

And here you are offering a link which says, very clearly, that there has been no polio in the U.S. since the 1970s.

Because we beat it. With a vaccine.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, skevinp said:

I am, thanks.  Got tested yesterday as my wife is high risk and I don’t want to take any chances.  It was excruciatingly ticklish.

You do know each time you're tested, you lose some more brain cells.  Glad everyone is doing well.

Edited by Ghost

10 hours ago, dans said:

If that was intended as humor, don't ever quit your day job for a career in comedy.

trust me, in my industry lately, every day is comedy