Does no WGI = no DCI for 2021 (Hypothetical)?

4 hours ago, dans said:

Sorry that I took your comment the wrong way...my apologies. And I'm sorry to hear that you are high risk. That certainly changes the way that one looks at this virus. 

no worries...you know me well enough to know if i was offended, all of DCP would have known.

in the good news department, I got this, which i edited to paraphrase, from someone who would know:

DCI has several scenarios involving a shortened season that may begin around July 1, with fewer shows built into the schedule.  One of the biggest obstacles may be the use of schools across the country for corps housing.  The DCI office is working on that potential problem as well.

So it seems what I have been saying about schools all along will be a huge factor in what happens.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Oh no!  I only had 5 going in.

ah hell, 3 tests so far....2 left

On 8/23/2020 at 4:06 PM, E3D said:

Have you stayed clear of bleach? 

For you:

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

no worries...you know me well enough to know if i was offended, all of DCP would have known.

in the good news department, I got this, which i edited to paraphrase, from someone who would know:

DCI has several scenarios involving a shortened season that may begin around July 1, with fewer shows built into the schedule.  One of the biggest obstacles may be the use of schools across the country for corps housing.  The DCI office is working on that potential problem as well.

So it seems what I have been saying about schools all along will be a huge factor in what happens.

"All Hail The Visionary!"

Sorry, couldn't resist because I know you know there have been tons of others saying that housing is an issue "all along".

So, yea, it seems as though what all of those concerned about housing have been saying all along!  Yea, even DCI knows this!  Wow!

Sorry, but everyone gets a medal for that call.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2020 at 11:57 AM, cixelsyd said:

Just quoting this for context.  Not going to dispute, or vouch for, the accuracy of any of those three sentences at the moment.

Your bait-and-switch fails to mask the real issue there.

Nursing homes are always a potential vulnerability because of how the virus singles out the same things that put people in nursing homes (age and pre-existing medical conditions).  But Texas and other states learned from the mistakes made in New York, Pennsylvania, etc. earlier.  Remember when a tremendous surplus of treatment space was commandeered in New York City from both local and federal resources, and state/local leadership left most of it empty while forcing contagious C-19 convalescents back into nursing homes?

What I find unfathomable is the urge to compare an estimate with 850% margin for error against the running real-time tabulation.

Let’s face it no one knows

we’re all learning on the fly

In spring the cdc was saying warm weather should help it go away 

now the cdc is saying there’s zero evidence that masks actually help 

there’s a ton oafs politicization and Monday morning QB going on / can’t we just come together 

as far as dci I really believe we need an effective and safe vaccine to have a 2021 tour JMO 

1 hour ago, garfield said:

"All Hail The Visionary!"

Sorry, couldn't resist because I know you know there have been tons of others saying that housing is an issue "all along".

So, yea, it seems as though what all of those concerned about housing have been saying all along!  Yea, even DCI knows this!  Wow!

Sorry, but everyone gets a medal for that call.

yes but i am the one that gets trolled on here for saying it, hence my commentary.

and i am told to keep eyes on dci.org 

14 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

This line of discussion goes back to you claiming that we can't beat disease.

And here you are offering a link which says, very clearly, that there has been no polio in the U.S. since the 1970s.

Because we beat it. With a vaccine.

Semantics. The disease is still out there right? 

11 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

For you:

You are the one who told me to not drink bleach. I just parrot your own words back to you. 

From the news article not the post. It says people are doing this because -----

"The organization pointed to “misleading and inaccurate information circulating online about how to prevent the spread of COVID-19,” for an uptick in poisonings."

Sorry to rain on your party.