Does no WGI = no DCI for 2021 (Hypothetical)?

11 minutes ago, Phantom56 said:

Yes, no WGI probably means no 2021 corps season. It's already unrealistic to believe that a national tour could happen in 10 months.  

Not so sure 2021 DCI will cancel if WGI is cancelled.  WGI would be underway next month with auditions, then go right into rehearsals, then to performances. To do so however, they’d need schools at least through March.  Schools are a mess right now as classes are being decided to be in person, hybrid or remote.  Having to create the physical logistics required for people to be in school buildings is a huge question mark nationally.  DC on the other hand was  headed into March and fairly well positioned to go into ST’s.  Most corps, those who survive this,  and that’s another discussion, likely have kept all or most of their designed programs and members from last year.  DC can maybe start in February or March or possibly later, if conditions allow.  What those specific conditions are, we don’t yet know; vaccines, therapeutics, masks, distancing.  What can be reasonably assumed is there will be some kind of new normal.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

I read from a recent poll that 1 out of 3 people in the US will not take a covid vaccine. What does one do with that large amount of people?

Tell them good luck with getting their health insurance to pay their medical bills if they get sick. The world ain’t gonna stop because some people can’t come to grips with reality.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, LabMaster said:

Not so sure 2021 DCI will cancel if WGI is cancelled.  WGI would be underway next month with auditions, then go right into rehearsals, then to performances.  

Maybe those with contacts will learn if any of the designers have a show down on paper already .

1 hour ago, MikeRapp said:

Tell them good luck with getting their health insurance to pay their medical bills if they get sick. The world ain’t gonna stop because some people can’t come to grips with reality.

This has been politicized. That's when it stopped being reality. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MikeRapp said:

I keep saying for those you speak of,God forbid they get this,get to the back of the line at the ER, just seems fair,.Watch how fast the tune changes...and yes,WGI as well as other aspects of the activity will effect DCI moving forward. 

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

Asked this before and don’t think I got a definite answer. Does WGI or DCI corps check if a member has been vaccinated? Too many people refuse any type of vaccination.... If answer is no then Could be another reason why request for a practice or show site is shot down.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Asked this before and don’t think I got a definite answer. Does WGI or DCI corps check if a member has been vaccinated? Too many people refuse any type of vaccination....

I’m guessing that query will be added to any health docs the members fill out if they get a contract or confirm health status before participating

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Asked this before and don’t think I got a definite answer. Does WGI or DCI corps check if a member has been vaccinated? Too many people refuse any type of vaccination....

Can't speak for all but medical records are given, allergies,etc etc. Specifically on vaccinations I can say what I have seen is yes for a few, but mostly no.This for sure may change

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Thanks 1