Does no WGI = no DCI for 2021 (Hypothetical)?

4 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

And there’s the HIPPA aspect to consider if any housing sites inquire about vaccinations for Covid.  How does that get communicated?

Confidential information can be under a units medical team or director I would imagine. We may see changes to all this in group activities. Alot of unknown moving forward. The information may be vital to the organization.

Edited by GUARDLING

4 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Can't speak for all but medical records are given, allergies,etc etc. Specifically on vaccinations I can say what I have seen is yes for a few, but mostly no.This for sure may change

Thinking of changes after 9/11 we live with to help with our security (TSA checkpoints, “if you see something, report it” highway msgs during the holidays, etc). Hoping people get the same mindset with CV that they can’t go back to the same old, same old. And if it ain’t CV it might be something else in our lifetime.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

And there’s the HIPPA aspect to consider if any housing sites inquire about vaccinations for Covid.  How does that get communicated?

Good question as have hit problems with HIPPA confidentiality before. Naming names not allowed but hoping staff medical person can at least say if all have been vaccinated or not. (No idea, might be a check off box on the member contract for permission to say yes/no without giving the name)

Edited by JimF-LowBari

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Thinking of changes after 9/11 we live with to help with our security (TSA checkpoints, “if you see something, report it” highway msgs during the holidays, etc). Hoping people get the same mindset with CV that they can’t go back to the same old, same old. And if it ain’t CV it might be something else in our lifetime.

Remember all the " I have to wait on line at the airport,take my shoes off, etc,etc"

1 minute ago, GUARDLING said:

Remember all the " I have to wait on line at the airport,take my shoes off, etc,etc"

Yep... welcome to reality people. I worked at a military base. I got to show ID to people with guns every work day. And right after 9/11 got my car random checked with the bomb sniffing Rin Tin Tin one morning. Guess I’m weird, I thought it was interesting.... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LabMaster said:

HIPAA would not have an impact on that scenario. The HIPAA act refers to the release of confidential medical information by medical staff without the patient's knowledge/consent.

Per the CDC website:

The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) is a federal law that required the creation of national standards to protect sensitive patient health information from being disclosed without the patient's consent or knowledge.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

I read from a recent poll that 1 out of 3 people in the US will not take a covid vaccine. What does one do with that large amount of people?

wish them future thoughts and prayers

Edited by Jeff Ream

6 hours ago, E3D said:

I can say I am shocked that a certain person did not reply to the O.P. with "Its too early , right now its all about the bands" makes ya think that type of reply was reserved for certain situations. Who knew. 

i appreciate your trolling.

• Haha 1