Does no WGI = no DCI for 2021 (Hypothetical)?

39 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

I can't speak for the rest of the State of New Jersey.

But, in Bergen County,where I live,I don't know of any store,restaurant or

construction site that had to close then reopen,since the State allowed "non-essential" facilities to

open up after the lock down.

Same thing with Covid hospitalizations.

Both my wife and niece are nurses.

My niece is a critical care nurse on what was a Covid floor.

Neither of their hospitals have any Covid patients anymore.

Same with several other hospitals in Bergen County.

In fact,covid hospitalizations are dropping like a rock,throughout the state .

There have been "bumps" in the number of positive covid tests.

But they haven't translated to increases in hospitalizations or deaths.

In fact,in a number of instances,like the Rutgers football team, the people

testing positive are asymptomatic.

That has spurred a number of parents, in several school districts,to push for schools to offer more

"in person" learning.

In most places what you describe is the reality. 

Where I'm at they went through a spike in July and are now back to June numbers for infections rate, hospitalizations and deaths. From the projections at the medical centers it should be similar to what you describe by end of august or beginning of sep. The local public schools are back in person already with a few exceptions, the parents were given a choice in many cases to continue online.

Some investigative reporting showed that previous semester the largest district could not contact or find somewhere between 20 to 40 thousand students for online classes. Those children will be forgotten / out of school unless in person classes return.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Continental said:

During my stay I was given Percocet.   When I wasn't seeing pink elephants, I started asking medical personnel if they had heard of the Garfield Cadets or the Cadets of Bergen County.

I'm sure they all thought I was imagining their existence.  They would smile and move away.   The Cadets of Bergen County also moved away.  Do you see the correlation?

My wife took Percocet and saw a black cat walking thru the house. Good new was we had a cat. Bad news was he was Siamese so not black, and he was somewhere else in the house.

I took it after a foot operation and slept for 3 hours. Then was up half the night because I slept TOO well. Give me extra strength Tylonal and let me deal with the intermittent stabbing pains.

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

My wife took Percocet and saw a black cat walking thru the house. Good new was we had a cat. Bad news was he was Siamese so not black, and he was somewhere else in the house.

I took it after a foot operation and slept for 3 hours. Then was up half the night because I slept TOO well. Give me extra strength Tylonal and let me deal with the intermittent stabbing pains.

During my first night in the hospital my TV showed "Alien vs. Predator."  The stuff you remember....

It reminded me of BD vs. SCV except it was different.  Still, there was quite a rivalry although the uniforms weren't as brightly colored. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

Today’s WFMZ.com news includes a story about Exeter High School Band. Located a few miles from Reading, PA.  The marching band is having regular practice outside the school. A picture is included on the website.

I was amused to see the members actually covered the bell fronts of their instruments with masks!

Maybe things will begin to loosen-up, at least in Pennsylvania. Our dictatorial Gov. Wolf, who helped to destroy our economy with his edicts, now says the state won’t interfere if schools decide to allow sports, etc. this Fall. I assume that same ‘hands off’ will include marching band.

Very encouraging article.

yet more schools are starting virtually

1 hour ago, GUARDLING said:

I dont call 170thousad dead is a handle on anyhing..sorry. I see arragance and irresponsibility daily..I have seen this up close 3 times over the past few months with covid units growing and it ain't pretty

as far as th thread topic, Band season and WGI will have an influence on a DCI season........In many ways

I know you are into fiction, so when you come out with an auto-biography can you please promise to name it "Guardling - Triggered?"

Edited by Continental
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

I have been stuck in a state that touted the formula in May for reopening and now is quite the opposite that you describe., although arrogonat politicians are saying something different. Ive seen local hospitals, up close go from 1 covid unit to a unit on every floor. I'll listen to the local Dr.s and not TV talking heads

rpbobcat is not a "TV talking head" they gave their own take on what it's like in their geographical location. Indicating that more parents are wanting their children to return to in-person learning. 

Previously you mentioned that you had a choice to go to the state you are at now correct? 

The kids going to school will be practicing music and color-guard. It is a good thing or not? 

Edited by E3D
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

HUMC gave me Morphine 15 minutes after I arrived at the emergency.  I had been suffering intense pain since the morning (after thinking I had food poisoning for a day) and suddenly it was all gone thanks to Morphine.

After a very quick cat-scan, the doctor came in and said that I had appendicitis and that I would be operated on that day as soon as possible.   It was only when I was operated on that they saw that the appendix had ruptured.

I asked him, "Can I fly back to Canada to have it taken care of by the doctors there?"

His answer "No - you will die. "

33 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Just got out of a business and based on what I saw any relief will come from vaccine and not people acting responsibly. Seeing more and more people with mask not covering nose but now new low. Whole family or 6, no masks covering nose and some the masks have dropped so low you can see the upper lip (including two elementary aged kids). Then I realize mom and auntie(?) have home made masks. They are ####### knitted and have holes where they breath thru the mouth. Looks like a #### knit dollie. 
just... frigging... amazing... either totally clueless or bleep every one else...

Back to the mask debate? 

34 minutes ago, E3D said:

Back to the mask debate? 

No back to the idea that if schools (includes WGI and MB) want to get back to some sort of normal as soon as possible, EVERYBODY (pardon me RAMD folks) has to do their part. If they would have ignored distancing that would have been in my vent too

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1